The Assembly Line!

I have the same thoughts Windy, but as I wasn't going to change anything I left it alone. I'm sure I read somewhere its the cockpit from the GR version of the kit?

Someone with more knowledge than me will no dout provide us with the answer.

The round screen between the 2 crt screens are only on IDS/GR.It's a moving map display & no use in the E/F-3.

I don't suppose that anyone has a good photo of a Tornado EF.3 cockpit both front and back??

Front is 99% the same,rear see E/F-3 Reference thread.

The round screen between the 2 crt screens are only on IDS/GR.It's a moving map display & no use in the E/F-3.

Front is 99% the same,rear see E/F-3 Reference thread.

So I have bought 2 resin sets from Heritage that are not actually for the F.3

Edited by Windy

Gonna try and join in, though I suspect I may get waylaid as we may have a new addition to the family soon! :yahoo: Gonna get the Havoc done by Xmas hopefully, then dig out my 1/32 Revell Gr1. I will bring it up to a GR4, gear up, wings half sweep as per normal low level, weapons probably LGB, maybe alarm. The fin is such a cool looker in flight fast and low, plus I should be able to simplify the build slightly with no gear etc which should speed things up. I've done the "flaps open etc" fin, and it was a challenge (1/72 Revell), but worth it. Hopefully after that I will have excercised my Red Baron demons! Will be getting a set of Flightpath 2250 ltr tanks, and some other goodies. Pilots will be the only real difficulty, as I don't know of any 1/32 seated or standing RAF pilots. May have to knock something up.

Gonna try and join in, though I suspect I may get waylaid as we may have a new addition to the family soon! :yahoo: Gonna get the Havoc done by Xmas hopefully, then dig out my 1/32 Revell Gr1. I will bring it up to a GR4, gear up, wings half sweep as per normal low level, weapons probably LGB, maybe alarm. The fin is such a cool looker in flight fast and low, plus I should be able to simplify the build slightly with no gear etc which should speed things up. I've done the "flaps open etc" fin, and it was a challenge (1/72 Revell), but worth it. Hopefully after that I will have excercised my Red Baron demons! Will be getting a set of Flightpath 2250 ltr tanks, and some other goodies. Pilots will be the only real difficulty, as I don't know of any 1/32 seated or standing RAF pilots. May have to knock something up.

I used two tank crewmen from Tamiya's tank accsesory set,you get two seated figures,bit of putty & hey presto! Two growbags.

Dazzer would be able to tell you what kit number it is,i've lost the box.

Merv

I used two tank crewmen from Tamiya's tank accsesory set,you get two seated figures,bit of putty & hey presto! Two growbags.

Dazzer would be able to tell you what kit number it is,i've lost the box.

Merv

Thanks Merv. I reckon I'll rob the guys from one of my other 1/32 kits, Tam. F-4E I think has 2, F-4J (my forthcoming Xmas pressie) I know does, and repatriate them to Brit spec. Done it before but in 1/48 long ago. This Tornado I'll be relying on your advice for weapons markings after putting my 72 scale LGB ones on the bottom of the bombs! :bangin: For armaments, I do like wing pylon mounted alarms, 2 winders, 2 Hindenbergers and maybe LGBs on belly. Would this be realistic?

Thanks Merv. I reckon I'll rob the guys from one of my other 1/32 kits, Tam. F-4E I think has 2, F-4J (my forthcoming Xmas pressie) I know does, and repatriate them to Brit spec. Done it before but in 1/48 long ago. This Tornado I'll be relying on your advice for weapons markings after putting my 72 scale LGB ones on the bottom of the bombs! :bangin: For armaments, I do like wing pylon mounted alarms, 2 winders, 2 Hindenbergers and maybe LGBs on belly. Would this be realistic?

Not the ALARMS on the wings I'm afraid as only certain squadrons have the wing pylons wired for ALARM (9 & 31 I know are two of them) unless you are doing a demo jet.

Merv

Have you tried mastercasters they do a standing Tornado pilot in 1/32.

http://www.mastercasters.co.uk/2.html

Major thanks for the link Windy, 2 of those should do nicely.

Not the ALARMS on the wings I'm afraid as only certain squadrons have the wing pylons wired for ALARM (9 & 31 I know are two of them) unless you are doing a demo jet.

Merv

Thanks Merv, will do some more research.

Right, done some research, and will now be building a 14 sqn GR4. Load will be big jugs :bouncy: (apparently what crews call them), Litening 3 on left belly rail, 2 enhanced Paveways (assuming I can get them, may have to make them), 2 winders and 2 Alarms on outer wing stations. Waiting to hear back from buddy of bro re correct tail letters etc as this will be his war jet (currently a flight commander on 14). Apparently they are happy to be rid of Tiald as it was s***e (quote) and now just use the Litening 3 pod.

Turnerdad,

I'm not sure that 14 have the wing pylons wired for ALARMS (I know 9 & 31 are.Realisticly,I dont see 2 LGB's on one shouler pylon would be realisic as the jet may then be tail heavy,we load the jet in a certain order.

Merv

Turnerdad,

I'm not sure that 14 have the wing pylons wired for ALARMS (I know 9 & 31 are.Realisticly,I dont see 2 LGB's on one shouler pylon would be realisic as the jet may then be tail heavy,we load the jet in a certain order.

Merv

A good mate of my bro is a flight commander on 14, and has flown combat ops with them, though I'm not sure where exactly. He says they now fly "self sead" with 2 alarms on the outer winder stations and a litening 3 on the left underbelly station with an e paveway II on the middle and right under belly stations, large tanks are OK and 2 winders. However, my personal experience with pilots is that they are not always the best people to ask, he may well have been flying a different jet. He reckons his jet was "806", but my research shows a "086" and no "806". I'm hoping he will send some pics and I'm on the trail.

Ahh..forgot about the centerline pylon... :doh: I thought you were on about 2xLGB's on one pylon....

I suppose with the mix-n-match jets that come out of FLS & are assigned to a sqn,then it's possibe some Sqn jets are wired.

Merv

I'd love to join in, and maybe I will ...however, I'm notoriously useless at meeting deadlines - particularly those on GB's (Though I just about made the Best of GB GB!). IF I can get started I have a couple of projects in mind..1st of all an Italeri GR.1 of 14 Sqn ca, late eighties with wrap around and Hi-Viz Signal Red fin, and 2nd a XI sqn F3 - starting from the Airfix kit I'm afraid. I have a load of Paragon parts and a Neomega pit or two, so I'll use the NeoMega pit on the GR.1 and use the redundant pit from the GR1 to form the basis - and heavily modified to represent the F3.

We shall see - I need to finish off a few other long standing "In Progress" projects first though.........

there's a strange possibility i may stray into the odd world of 1/72 scale was after the colour scheme for a 1/48 version of this model but found revell had done it in 1/72 think i will build to get a working model for the markings i plan to hand paint on a 1/48 version :hypnotised:

never knew what these were like but after a quick browse it seems a quite nice effort well comparing to airfix 1/48 tonkas it is if only airfix had fitted the same amount of detail in they would have been on a winner

still building the f3 so a possible two builds now

3084899924_305662d141_b.jpg

Edited by tornado64

bugger just noticed half the instructions are missing ah well the important bits there for markings i gues it's watch seamuses build and gues and photo work although i'm familliar with tonkas so nowt to daunting

Let me know what pages are missing and I'll snap some pics of those pages and send them to you if you like ;)

There will be a few differences between my GR.1 and your IDS but I'm sure you'll get the general idea.