The Assembly Line!

• 5 weeks later...

Good Morning all The Tornado GB is Finally here and open for Business, Lets have a great time and have some fun.!!!!!!!!

Ill start this thing off, I will Be build a 1/48th Italeri Tornado F3 with Paragon Afterburners,Mk10 seats,and fin correction, and Xtra Parts F3.Pylons, Markings will be an F3 from FJWOEU. in 2004

100_3070.jpg

Edited by Thundergrunt

I'm in with another 1/72 Revell GR.1. I'll be building OOB, so she'll be finished in 9 Sq markings in lovely wraparound camo, and fitted for the SEAD role with a bunch of ALARM missiles :D

I'll start a WIP thread when the workbench is cleared of my current build :)

I bought this 1/72 Revell Tornado IDS

Tor1.jpg

to make a Luftwaffe 51 Immelmann sqn machine like this one

Tor2.jpg

But now I getting quite fond of the black thunder markings on the box!

Which one should I do?

Edited by Paul

Which one should I do?

Paul,

Go for Black Thunder, be nice to see one of these finished & posted on here (ive had one stalled for months coz I lost my temper with the kit :yikes: ) plus, they'll be enough grey ones knocking around :rofl:

Bex

i'm in with possibly a 1/48 f3 red zebra or another 56 squadron display aircraft or possibly a lesser known luftwaffe ids aniversary scheme ( no decals available ) so may hand paint depends how artistic i feel and now all i have to do is work out how to post pictures........

Paul,

I'm just decalling up one of those Black Thunder ones, and having immense troubles with the decals not wanting to conform to the shapes... and they seem to stick like glue when they touch the model :lol: But with perseverence I WILL finish it :D

Karl.

That doesn't sound good! The might have to go for the 51 Immelmann sqn bird.

I'm in with an Italeri 1/48 Tornado F3 as ZG757 of 43sqn in one of its many 90th anniversary schemes.

Perhaps this one :-

1194659.jpg

Or perhaps this? :-

1131735.jpg

Or maybe the short lived all black scheme ............

1100822.jpg

Decisions, decisions ......... :hmmm:

If I've got time after finishing this one I may go for an Italeri 1/48 GR1 built as a (617sqn?) Op Telic GR4 with some Storm Shadows.

Cheers,

Ian

Count me in.:jump_fire: I'm going for a 1/72 revell GR.1 dressed a 17 sqn bird.

17sqn.jpg

I've been waiting awhile for an excuse to build it.Over the years I've managed to aquire various bits and bobs for it.

TornadoBuild002.jpg

Might just use this aswell if time permits.

TornadoBuild004.jpg

Cheers

Rich

OK I'm in!

1/32 Revell Tornado GR.1 (to upgrade to a 4) but no idea what subject yet!

Flightpath set, Paragon seats and flaps/slats and various weapon options. No idea if it'll be finished in time for the GB ending but i'll have fun trying!

Alan

I have decided to have a go with one of my many Airfix 1/48 F.3 sat in the loft however I want to update the cockpit to the correct version (that will be fun). Also I would like to build a Revell GR.1 as a all singing all dancing Telic GR.4 using a ton of aftermarket resin and etch sets.

Well I just purchased 2 'Tornado F.3 rear cockpit screens' from Ian at Heritage but when I looked at the web I discovered that they look more like GR.1 screens and not the F.3 :confused: . So I will make a new cockpit using plastic card, the spares box and my brain :P

I checked the reference thread and that is where my doubts first started. The set from Heritage has a screen either side of a circular radar screen, the F.3 cockpits I have seen have just 2 screens side by side. I wonder if this was changed though for the EF.3 variant???

I checked the reference thread and that is where my doubts first started. The set from Heritage has a screen either side of a circular radar screen, the F.3 cockpits I have seen have just 2 screens side by side. I wonder if this was changed though for the EF.3 variant???

I have the same thoughts Windy, but as I wasn't going to change anything I left it alone. I'm sure I read somewhere its the cockpit from the GR version of the kit?

Someone with more knowledge than me will no dout provide us with the answer.