Canberra PR7 (B6) Tech documents

bexwh773

iirc 100 sqn's pr7s didnt have the belly tank..... :confused:

Ian,

Id like to know what they had in place of it as No.6 tank is huge

Hi Bex,

Scans are great. Do you have any that show an external view of the camera doors and difference in the bomb bay doord for the PR.7?

I'm planning to build either a 1/48 PR.3 or PR.7 (or both) used in RAFG, so many squadrons to choose from but thinking about an 80Sqn PR.7 and maybe a 69Sqn PR.3.

I'm also available if you need any help with the scanning/conversion to pdf.

Cheers

John C

XVTonker :pilot:

John,

Been away a few months getting my head straight, I will do some digging later and Im pretty sure I might even have closeup photos of the doors too.

ATB

Bexy

Hi Bexy,

Good to have you back in the land of the gluing.

Just had a skim through this tthread, so I have probably missed something important.

I've got the Alley Cat PR conversion, which gives the 14" front fuselage extension and the front and rear camera bays. The front one completely replaces the section of lower front fuselage between the nose gear bay and the front of the original weapons bay (now Number 6 tank bay(?)). The rear bay requires the removal of quite a bit of the lower rear fuselage as Alley Cat have provided for a variety of different camera installlations. Alley Cat also provide camera bay doors and ILS antennae for the fin, but you need your own resources to sort out the size for No. 6 tank bay and the pyrotechnic bay doors at the back. If you can't get hold of Bexy's APs (Ooer, missus) the late Mike Keep's drawings for Aviation News of manyy years ago are probably the best you'll get.

Hope this helps, but if not I'll get me hat'n'coat,

Steve

Steve,

Im in the process of saving for a PR conversion (got a car to repair too), after all, having an affair with WH773 behind my girlfriends back I do have to build her, so once I have the conversion in my hands I will know exactly which pages of the AP to scan, unless someone already has the instruction sheet that comes with it?

Bexy

Bexy,

Instruction sheet available, but I can't scan it. I'll have to photocopy it at the funny farm and snail mail it to you.

Steve

Ok Steve, snail mail inbound via PM :speak_cool:

Ian,

Id like to know what they had in place of it as No.6 tank is huge

John,

Been away a few months getting my head straight, I will do some digging later and Im pretty sure I might even have closeup photos of the doors too.

ATB

Bexy

cant remember, will try to dig out some pics or ask a few of the old lads, where is the filling point?

ian

• 2 weeks later...
cant remember, will try to dig out some pics or ask a few of the old lads, where is the filling point?

ian

Ian,

:sorry: I Missed your reply, was busy finishing my Canberra for the Southern Expo. Ive found some photos that will clarify No.6 tank, you can see the filler which is a square hole just under the starboard leading edge where the green meets the LAG. I will be scanning my AP over the next couple of days as I need some reference material to send to a friend, so I will post them here aswell.

Bexy

DSCF0431.jpg

DSCF1443.jpg

DSCF1444.jpg

DSCF1451.jpg

PICT0061_2.jpg

Heres the start of my PR7 scanning session for those Canberra Nuts who fancy a PR bird in their collection, Ive had a few problems with my scanner today so this is only the start with a few more to come.

HTH

Bexy

Fig4.jpg

KeytoFig4.jpg

Fig5.jpg

KeytoFig5.jpg

Fig1.jpg

Fig7.jpg

Fig4MajorZones.jpg

Fig6.jpg

KeytoFig6.jpg

PR7NavPort.jpg

PR7NavStbd.jpg

PR7Nose.jpg

Fig4MiscEquip.jpg

Fig3.jpg

Excellent refs Bex, ta for posting.

Youre welcome Rich...... I think I have a pic of a PR7 round about the time line youre planning.

Bexy

I can remember filling belly tanks on PR.7's, you had to hand pump the bomb bay doors open and then access the tank filler caps on the top edge of the tank and use a rubber 'Donkey's D***k' adaptor hose attached to the fuel line.

Whilst filling you had to monitor the fuel gauge which was situated alongside the filler cap.

Pain the proverbial!!!

I can remember filling belly tanks on PR.7's, you had to hand pump the bomb bay doors open and then access the tank filler caps on the top edge of the tank and use a rubber 'Donkey's D***k' adaptor hose attached to the fuel line.

Whilst filling you had to monitor the fuel gauge which was situated alongside the filler cap.

Pain the proverbial!!!

never did that, our tt18s had the bomb bay tank, we used the donkeys on that....no guaging iirc though