Canberra PR7 (B6) Tech documents

bexwh773

Rich asked for some help and Ive been through my Canberra PR7 tech manual and found these bits, I hope they help, but also Ive added the Navs station & pilots panels. Ive numbered them, so if anyone would like the scans emailed to them please drop me a PM with an email addy. Also, once I hace found my B2 Tech Manual I will be scanning images of that aswell. After Chrimbo Im also planning to scan both manuals completely with the aim of turning them into PDF format, so if anyone knows how to do the PDF bit, can you give me a shout.

HTH

Bex

yve9ab.jpg

yve9a9.jpg

yve9ad.jpg

yve9ae.jpg

yve9a4.jpg

yve9ag.jpg

yve9ah.jpg

yve9ai.jpg

yve9ax.jpg

yve9aj.jpg

Edited by bexwh773

Tony,

The new B2 will great for those who want a PR3, but those who want a PR7 will have to keep their fingers crossed Airfix do a B6 :pray: Has anyone any idea what a 14 inch fuselage extension would equate to in 72nd or 48th?

Bex

Tony,

The new B2 will great for those who want a PR3, but those who want a PR7 will have to keep their fingers crossed Airfix do a B6 :pray: Has anyone any idea what a 14 inch fuselage extension would equate to in 72nd or 48th?

Bex

7.4mm in 1/48, just under 5mm in 1/72...

bestest,

M.

Tony,

Bex

Bex, thanks for all the info :) Re: your scaling question, I find this little easy to use programme indispensable http://ebasic.easily.co.uk/05800C/03D03B/scalecalc.htm

Regards- Andy

Bex, thanks for all the info :) Re: your scaling question, I find this little easy to use programme indispensable http://ebasic.easily.co.uk/05800C/03D03B/scalecalc.htm

Regards- Andy

Thanks for the linky Andy, but it wont download :crying:

Bex

:speak_cool:

Thanks Bex. Exactly what I needed. You are a star :kissing2: .

I set the planes at the weekend, using any info I could find. They area about a degree out. So it's cut off Milliput and start again. This time they will be spot on.

If you get to Telford, the :cheers: on me.

cheers again

rich

Quick note to Bex:

If you have a dimension in inches :wicked: , just multiply by 25.4 to get millimeters. You can then just divide by the appropriate scale.

Edited by richc

Rich,

Glad I could help and Im sorry it took so long. In future, just keep pestering me coz Id forget my head if wasnt bolted on :doh: Would you like the orignals emailed over? As for Telford, I was going, but the clutch is going in my car, and I darent risk it and Lou is working that weekend and will need her car :crying:

Bex

Thanks for the linky Andy, but it wont download :crying:

Bex

Hi Bex, aahhhh that never helps does it?! Try here instead http://www.1-87vehicles.org/restricted/scalecalc.php it downloaded fine for me just now. It's only 250k. This is what you should get when you install it. Your 1:1 measurement goes in the top box and then type in the scale you want to convert to in the lower 'Scale' box...easy :)

Scalecalc.jpg

Andy

Thanks Andy,

Now that makes life a lot easier, both in the download and making the calculations. Admittedly Rich gave me the brainy :smartass: way to do it, and I now also have the Lazy buggers method too (Perfect for a brainless Bexy)

Now, Bexy has an old Airfix B i 6 lying around, has Cranberry books coming out of her ears and has an idea......... Canberra PR inserts anyone :evil_laugh:

Bex

After Chrimbo Im also planning to scan both manuals completely with the aim of turning them into PDF format, so if anyone knows how to do the PDF bit, can you give me a shout.

You'll need Adobe Acrobat for that, not just Acrobat Reader. I have Acrobat and can help.

Also, if you know someone with a Mac (Mish, Nick, Me and several others), you can print whatever file you scanned straight to pdf. I just tried one of the Gif's you sent me, took about ten seconds.

If there are a lot of files then maybe several people could help. People could print files to pdf, and then let Paul assemble it in Acrobat Pro. Less hassle for one person then.

Just a thought.

rich

:hmmm: Rich / Paul,

This could be fun, the PR7 AP is about 7 inches thick and all pages are double sided and the B2 manual is about the same too :yikes: I'll let you both know once Ive started scanning :thumbsup2:

Bex

What does "UK Restricted" mean? ;)

In all seriousness, I was under the impression that one has to ask before putting APs in the public domain (lovely as they are). I can probably dig out the address Bex if you don't have it...

Edited by Kirk

What does "UK Restricted" mean? ;)

In all seriousness, I was under the impression that one has to ask before putting APs in the public domain (lovely as they are). I can probably dig out the address Bex if you don't have it...

When I signed the OSA many moons ago, Restricted was the lowest level (may have changed since) however, this AP was purchased from the MoD and the only reason I want to scan it is so I can return the book to the person who owns it and it doesnt get damaged whilst I work on a 1:1 PR7. I dont plan to put the whole thing anywhere on the net, and these scans are here because I was being lazy by not emailing them :winkgrin: However, if I did wish to either sell copies or store them on the internet them I can assure you I would have the proper permissions to do so :thumbsup2:

Bex

Sorry - not trying to be a sneak,

I figure us UK taxpayers are entitled to walk into a library and ask for all of this free anyway to satisfy our boundless curiosity and creativity. I'm not convinced that a foreign government is likely to start re-manufacturing cranberries from the maintenance manuals but I know that certain bits of MoD don't like copyright material (ignoring the Restricted bit) appearing on t'internet.

- Just don't want you to have someone knocking on your door uninvited :)

Feel free to ignore me if this sounds paranoid. Better still, if you can dig out the "airframe" chapters on the Harrier GR7...

Sorry - not trying to be a sneak,

I figure us UK taxpayers are entitled to walk into a library and ask for all of this free anyway to satisfy our boundless curiosity and creativity. I'm not convinced that a foreign government is likely to start re-manufacturing cranberries from the maintenance manuals but I know that certain bits of MoD don't like copyright material (ignoring the Restricted bit) appearing on t'internet.

- Just don't want you to have someone knocking on your door uninvited :)

Feel free to ignore me if this sounds paranoid. Better still, if you can dig out the "airframe" chapters on the Harrier GR7...

Youre quite right and thank you for reminding me, so no worries........ Now, GR7 AP will be pushing it, as I dont have one, and I think theyre still needed and I have Canberra fetish not an Uppy DOwny Floaty Fetish :lol:

It means "leave on train", Secret means "dump in skip" and Personal details is short for "claim it was nicked, then sell it on ebay".

rich :coat:

Rich, now THAT is very funny :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bex

Also, if you know someone with a Mac (Mish, Nick, Me and several others), you can print whatever file you scanned straight to pdf. I just tried one of the Gif's you sent me, took about ten seconds.

If there are a lot of files then maybe several people could help. People could print files to pdf, and then let Paul assemble it in Acrobat Pro. Less hassle for one person then.

Just a thought.

rich

For those of you not lucky enough to own a Mac or have expensive Acrobat hesr's a free solution

Linky

That'll be useful when the new airfix B2 eventually hits the streets, Bex. I wonder if anyone will produce a "plug" so we can model a PR version.

Tony :clif:

Did mine using a piece of PVC pipe of near-enought the same size. Glued it in with CA. Worked a treat.

Cheers,

Derek

Rich asked for some help and Ive been through my Canberra PR7 tech manual and found these bits, I hope they help, but also Ive added the Navs station & pilots panels. Ive numbered them, so if anyone would like the scans emailed to them please drop me a PM with an email addy. Also, once I hace found my B2 Tech Manual I will be scanning images of that aswell. After Chrimbo Im also planning to scan both manuals completely with the aim of turning them into PDF format, so if anyone knows how to do the PDF bit, can you give me a shout.

HTH

Bex

Awesome scans, Bex! :analintruder:

PM sent.

Larry

Just a thought, but wouldn't the wings from the B(I)8 fitted to the B2 fuselage produce a B6? A bit ofan expensive way to go about it I suppose.......

That would be fine Tony, that corrects the engines and the wet wings, but you still need to find an extra 14 inches in the fuselage or in modelling scale the following:

1:72 = 4.93mm fuselage extension

1:48 = 7.40mm fuselage extension

Then an extra underslung fuel tank & shortened flare bay for the PR7. They have 5 topside fuselage tanks, 1 under slung, 2 in each wing.

Bex

That would be fine Tony, that corrects the engines and the wet wings, but you still need to find an extra 14 inches in the fuselage or in modelling scale the following:

1:72 = 4.93mm fuselage extension

1:48 = 7.40mm fuselage extension

Then an extra underslung fuel tank & shortened flare bay for the PR7. They have 5 topside fuselage tanks, 1 under slung, 2 in each wing.

Bex

The stretch is only fitted to the PR variants; the overall fuselage length of the B2 and B6 were the same. All this means of course that the forthcomong Airfix B2 cannot be made as a B20 as this was based on the B6 rather than the 2. I wonder if anyone has told Airfix?