Vickers Wellersley

chadders

Hi everyone, I've been looking round for a new 1:48th project, and have decided to go for the Sanger Vickers Wellersley. However,the type is one for which I have no referances, so I was wondering if anyone about these here parts had any pictures, especially of the interior,

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Mark

I'd like to see this build, and your opinions on the quality of the kit too, cos it's a curious looking beast & somewhat intriguing to build in 1:48 :)

Barnes Wallis did not design the Wellesley or the Wellington. Wallis was appointed Chief Designer (Structures) of Vickers after the ending of airship production (& bringing with him the geodetic construction system). The Chief Designer, to whom the various heads, including Wallis, reported was Rex Pierson. Reginald Kirshaw Pierson was born in 1891 & became Chief Designer of Vickers (Aviation) Limited in 1917 & died in 1948. He was personally responsible for the design of all Vickers aircraft from the Vimy to the Varsity & was the instigator of the VC2 which became the Viscount. Pierson of course actively promoted Wallis's system in some of his designs against opposition by many critics particularly in the Air Ministry.

There ends this little lecture - I've always thought Pierson has unjustifiably been in the shadow of Wallis. Feel better now.

Bill