Fairey Hendon

Heraldcoupe

I've just picked up a 1/72 vacform Fairey Hendon. No instructions so I don't know who made it, looks reasonably well formed though. I'm tempted to have a go at building it, but am I likely to find enough published references to make a go of it? Searching the internet has turned up a handful of photographs, but only one interior view from the pilot's seat, with no drawings to be found.

Are there any magazine articles worth searching for?

Cheers,

Bill.

I've just picked up a 1/72 vacform Fairey Hendon. No instructions so I don't know who made it, looks reasonably well formed though. I'm tempted to have a go at building it, but am I likely to find enough published references to make a go of it? Searching the internet has turned up a handful of photographs, but only one interior view from the pilot's seat, with no drawings to be found.

Are there any magazine articles worth searching for?

Cheers,

Bill.

The kit is the Contrail Vac. There is some info around including an article in Air Pictorial and I will see what I have in my 30's Flights. If you need the metal bits ie props and ramshorn exhausts etc, they are still available from Aeroclub. Drawings appeared in Air Pic and I think Aviation News.

John

The kit is the Contrail Vac. There is some info around including an article in Air Pictorial and I will see what I have in my 30's Flights. If you need the metal bits ie props and ramshorn exhausts etc, they are still available from Aeroclub. Drawings appeared in Air Pic and I think Aviation News.

Thanks John,

It looks like the Air Pictorial article is in two parts. I've found both, typically from different sources, so hopefully I will have those in a few days. The Aviation News plans too are still available - I will order those, but from past experience I will treat them with caution.

So once I get my grubby mitts on that little lot I will have a better idea of what I'm up against! If I do go ahead I'll know where to get the metal bits.....

Cheers,

Bill.