Spanish Civil War - Fascinating!

Cometracer

Well Im looking for work as a motorbike courier, applying to the plod and probation service,

whilst things might get tight moneywise at least it'll force me to thin the stash,

I think I was about done where I was as an archaeolologist and Im quite excited about changing career if neccesary.

If Im really lucky I might end up doing night shift in security or at a petrol station where I can get on with some serious modelling!

There's always a silver lining...

Hi Blimp,

Thanks for the message!

Sorry for being a bit quiet. Could I also lay claim to these if they are still going?

nid-52 azur*.

bleriot spad 51 c1 az*.

he51 icm*.

potez 540 smer*.

Cheers!

Christian the Married

Hi all, I'll be in on this one with a 1/48 Hobbycraft Me 109B in Condor Legion markings.

Hope the decals will be OK, they look a bit scabby in the box. I may have to source some newer aftermarket ones

A quick question. Most of the 109's appear to be finished in RLM63 Light Grey but in the book I also got from Blimp ( Once again thanks) there's a colour profile of 6*126 in RLM 02 and a yellow cone. The photos would appear to agree with RLM63 but we all know the pitfulls in determing colour from a B+W image.

Any pointers greatly received.

I would certainly lean more towards RLM63 than 02 personally, I think 02 would just be too dark. Although you're right about the pitfalls of B+W photos, I would rather go with a photo than a colour profile, some of which in my experience can be really wide of the mark.

List update 09.01.09

peebeep

heraldcoupe

walrus

stebos

wyverns4

Maxidad

Jon Kunac-Tabinor

VG33

Antoine

Deon

Azul

beany

CPNGROATS

blimp

darson

seamus

John B (Sc)

A. Frampton

gcn

timbo33

Sgt. Squarehead

Doug Rogers

I anticipated that this and the Vac GB would be of limited interest, but you're all proving me wrong! Good to have you with us on this Doug.

peebeep

Just realised I have an 1/48th Academy (Hobbycraft) 109B/C that could go in with this GB too. so add another 109 to the build - it'll be a useful adversary for the I-16

Jonners

Just realised I have an 1/48th Academy (Hobbycraft) 109B/C that could go in with this GB too. so add another 109 to the build - it'll be a useful adversary for the I-16

Jonners

A quick question. Most of the 109's appear to be finished in RLM63 Light Grey but in the book I also got from Blimp ( Once again thanks) there's a colour profile of 6*126 in RLM 02 and a yellow cone. The photos would appear to agree with RLM63 but we all know the pitfulls in determing colour from a B+W image.

Any pointers greatly received.

hello guys , i was wondering when the flame wars would start :whistle::P i would tend to agree with doug , 63/65 is the most likely scheme . in many photo's it can be hard to tell if two shades have been used , whilst in other shots of the same airframe it is quite distinct . 63 was certainly the normal service shade for most early luftwaffe aircraft - 02 was a general purpose primer :D

Edited by blimp

- and the 109 boys havn't asked about any propeller / code font styles , armament fits , jasta emblems , armour , radio's etc. - yet . . . . . . . :devil: - rivet , rivet ,

Edited by blimp

Another HUGE thank you to Blimp - my package was on the doorstep when I got home last night. I was so excited I can't tell you - to quote the wife - "You're 48 for Gods' sake, get a grip". Four kits for the GB included but I just had to make a start on the fifth, the Matchbox He115, a kit I've wanted for years but never seemed to get round to acquiring. Here's how it looked when I went to bed last night...

SCW001.jpg

I had a go at rubbing down the raised panel lines on the wings and rescribing them. First time I've done any re-scribing. I didn't make a brilliant job but like everything I hope it will come with practice.

SCW004.jpg

Thanks again Blimp.

Cheers

Al.

- ok , i give up , how do i get the banner to show ? :stupid:

Click on 'My Controls' (just below the Britmodeller banner at the top), go to 'My Profile' and click on 'Edit Signature'. Add the image URL, highlight it and click the 'Insert Image' button. Click the 'Update My Signature' button and it's job done.

peebeep

- tracky things . bt-5's , renault-17's , t-26's . . . . . no . . . . .no . . . . must . . . . . . . .resist . . . . . . . . .

Like this one?

photo10.jpg

From ebay, I'd get it at the post office this morning.

I've already in my stash a Pz I, with a Bison decal sheet for tank marking during SCW.

And I'm waiting for an Italeri T-26.

But as said early, I'll stick to only one kit.

Like this one?

photo10.jpg

From ebay, I'd get it at the post office this morning.

I've already in my stash a Pz I, with a Bison decal sheet for tank marking during SCW.

And I'm waiting for an Italeri T-26.

But as said early, I'll stick to only one kit.

that's the buisness antoine ! are you doing it with or without tracks ? here's a quick linky for you armour types out there - http://mailer.fsu.edu/~akirk/tanks/spain/Spain-2.html

Edited by blimp

Another HUGE thank you to Blimp - my package was on the doorstep when I got home last night. I was so excited I can't tell you - to quote the wife - "You're 48 for Gods' sake, get a grip". Four kits for the GB included but I just had to make a start on the fifth, the Matchbox He115, a kit I've wanted for years but never seemed to get round to acquiring. Here's how it looked when I went to bed last night...

I had a go at rubbing down the raised panel lines on the wings and rescribing them. First time I've done any re-scribing. I didn't make a brilliant job but like everything I hope it will come with practice.

Hi

Very nice start on this Heinkel 115, and qucikly as well.

I have one somewhere in the basement...

Patrick

DC-2 for sure. Probably DC-3's as well.

peebeep

Well, I've learned the DC-2 did indeed serve in the Spanish Worries. I have not seen anything that supports the DC-3 in the same conflict, however.

From what I can see by eye, there are enough differences that I would really bugger up a reverse conversion.

So that's out.

I do have a Hobby Craft I-16, however, somewhere in the stash.

QUOTE (Deon @ Jan 6 2009, 02:27 PM)

Damn... I thought Condor Legion had them (He 51)

you must be dellusional mate - 'ere

I am delusional, but I might just get away with it...

ahhh..I have found a reference for He 51 s (not Bs tho') in Condor Legion (now waiting for a mate to lend his book to confirm or deny) and there's a He51C ( needs a bomb rack) to serve with Nationalists... I think

'Final version was the C-series, the He 51C-1 intended primarily for export to the Spanish Nationalists being equipped as standard with racks for six 22 lbs (10 kg) bombs. A total of 79 were shipped to Spain, 51 being used by the Nationalist air force and the balance going to the Legion Condor. '

'He 51s flew with the legion Condor during the Spanish Civil War, and were used also by the Nationalist forces'

'The He 51C was the designation for aircraft modified to carry four 50 kg (110 lbs) of bombs. He 51C-1 version was the designation used by Legion Condor and Spanish Nationalist units in the Civil War.'

all from http://www.pilotfriend.com/photo_albums/ti...9%20He%2051.htm

I could be missing something tho' p'haps a different engine or something obvious Ive overlooked? (I usually missing something important) I also don't like the contradictory statement about the no of bombs in the same article, hardly fills me with confidence!

Cheers

Deon

Edited by Deon