Spanish Civil War - Fascinating!

Cometracer

Hi Blimp

gobsmackinliplickinsalivadroolinheartthumpin stash you got there

Patrick- thanks for that- at my usual speed of build a weekend is a bit optimistic

but am slowly converting to acrylics and as there are so few colours might actually be able to get this done within the timeframe

might even start thinking of a second build in Republican colours in case i can finish quickly!

actually guys , i was toying wiyh the idea of thinning some of my stash . maybe i could donate to the gb if thats ok . i sadly realise i'll hardly dent the other stuff :unsure:<_< you can help yourselves , i'd rather they were built than gather any more dust .

no money . if people can pm their 1st and 2nd choice sort of thing i'll try and share 'em out evenly . :thumbsup2:

Hi Bimp,

If you are totally, utterly and completely shre about this I would love to build the French aircraft under the Academy Fiesler Storch, in SCW markings of course!

This is an incredibly generous and kind offer, thank you!

I'd be happy to pop a cehque into the post for a charity of your choice, swap kits or buy pints...

Christian the Married

sure thing wyverns4 ,is that is the smer version of the ex-heller nieuport-delage ni-622 ?. it's yours . french markings only i'm afraid . ( complete with free black mould from the damp shed !) . = when i feel brave i'll go back and see what else i've missed . . . :cold: anything else take your fancy ? not everything is shown in the pics , plus i have 'doubles' of several kits . just ask :redx:

great builds patrick , i love the '59 with the cannon ! and yes , the azur nid-72 kit is far superior , the original heller/smer can be reworked into the later metal winged type , but it is extra work . :lol: i picked it up cheaply a few years ago (hannants second hand shelf!) the azur kit made it redundant . - anyone for a chato/he51 dogfight combo ? i think i have at least three of each !

hello everyone , i've had a few inquiries so far . and will make an updated list tomorrow . err , does anybody have a clue how big this is going to get ? :partytime: - so far it seems you are going to get an eclectic mix , the posties are going to hate me ! :thumbsup:

Hey guys you can count me in for this one with the Classic Airframes Bf109D "Molders" kit and the GB starts on April 1 09 correct?

ca4134boxart.jpg

Also, Patrick those are a couple of awesome looking builds, nice work :speak_cool: .

Cheers

Edited by darson

ole' ! - quick somebody , build a mosca ! :wicked::bangin::boxing::fight::evil_laugh::shoot: - seriously , that's a good choice daz , it comes up a treat that kit . i've seen it done on another forum somewhere , if i get some time i'll try and find some links . :thumbsup:

here's the gb's kit donation update - 28th march '09 - for any that would like some of this pile heres a list , in no real order . . .

THEY ARE ALL 1/72 AND FREE TO ANYONE THAT WOULD JOIN IN , i'll pay the postage . are you sitting comfortably ? :popcorn:

cr 32 museum resin* .

[/left]

hs 126 italeri , rareplaves vacform .

he51 icm*.

hs 123 airfix* .

I-15 chato aviation usk* , azur* , pavla*.

ju f-13 revell.

he 59 special hobby* .

breda 65 azur*.

polikarpov rz azur* .

he 70 revell *, wk .

he 112 dekno resin ( the 'can opener!' - i can't remember where i hid the decals ), encore (ex-heller)* ,rareplane vacform.

storch academy .

fi 157(?) pavla .

bf 109D aml*, sword* .

hawker fury amodel*.

ro.37 azur*.

bulldog airfix .

ca-100 legato resin.

he 45 aml* .

letov s231 kp*.

he 60 azur*.

hs 123 airfix , avis*.

ar 66 czechmaster resin.

ff-1 / g-23 goblin mpm*.

g-50 mpm -scw version!*.

r.w.d.-13 dekno resin*.

aero a-100 kp (convert to 101 ?).

martinsyde buzzard czechmaster resin.

ju 34 special hobby .

klemm 35 huma .

those marked * come with scw markings . if anyone wants specific stuff for 109's , pm me . i still have some of the blue rider sheet BR221 - cheers , blimp . :guitar:

-; p.s. any creepy crawlies are free , tasty and nutritious , just ask my cat .
Edited by blimp

This is not really my main area of interest, but just had a little rummage through the stash and found an Airfix Henschel Hs 123. God knows how long it's been there, but this GB seems as good a reason as any to build it, so I'm in with that. Should also give me some much needed practice in the art of modelling biplanes :)

OK, I'm in for a Spanish Civil War GB. Not sure of the rules. (Haven't done this before) Are we limited to a particular scale? Is it one person per type?

If so, has anyone bagged the I-16 as a machine to build ? I wasn't sure reading quickly through.

John B

Seamus, John B, you are both duly added to the list. Good on yer for joining up!

So.. anyone got a banner sorted yet?

Nope, if there are any arty types who fancy having a go feel free. Once we get sub-forums set up we can start a banner thread for storing them.

OK, I'm in for a Spanish Civil War GB. Not sure of the rules. (Haven't done this before) Are we limited to a particular scale? Is it one person per type?

Who needs rules?! The only rules I would set is that your model must be a type that was a participant in the Spanish Civil War. Any scale, any kit, definitely not one person per type but with lots of lovely colour schemes to choose from let's try and avoid duplicates of those.

peebeep

Hi Guy's

I'd Like to join this one, still involved in the fall out from my move, but should be ready for this.

I love this era, have plenty in the stash.

I would love to take some of blimp's stuff off him (what a collection), but my scale is generally 1/48th.

Eyesight deteriorating B)

Will try to come up with something exotic.

by the way, Blwyddyn Newydd Dda to all at the forum. :drink:

So.. anyone got a banner sorted yet?

- err , how about ' torro , torro ! ' - i'll get me coat . . . :rofl: - btw. folks just donate to your own favorite charites if you feel inclined , i'm touched .( yeah yeah , i know ) . :tease:

Edited by blimp