1/48 scale AT-AT dio w.i.p.

:welcome: to the site... an hey presto! Your pic:

AT-ATsspeeders.jpg

If you want to post pics in the future, just click on the IMG Code box in your link, and you'll see a little yellow "Copied" box pop up to the left. Just paste that directly into your post & you'll have it there for all to see in glorious Picture-o-vision :)

Hello mate :welcome: newbie myself.

Love looking at dioramas like this, always spend ages looking at the ones at the Telford show. Anymore photo's of it?

Thanks for all your kind words. The dio used to be 5 ft long, here's a few pics of what it used to look like (I'm re-doing it as it is now 6.5 ft long x 1.5 ft wide)... Hope I can get the hang of linking pics...

withstormtroopers.jpg "]photo 2[/post]

deadpilots.jpg "]photo 3[/post]

blood5.jpg "]photo 4[/post]

ground4.jpg

Edited by sciford

Eureka! I think I figured it out (posting photos, that is)...gonna give it a try with a photo of a dio I completed a few years ago. (it's featured in the current issue of Sci-Fi & Fantasy Modeller mag).

starboardangleblue3XXXXPS.jpg "]Casualty of War[/post]

Wow, that's some very nice work there, mate.

I think I enjoy creating the dio more than building the model, lol. I also enjoy trying to make the kit look like it's battle-damaged.

DirectHit1.jpg "]Direct Hit![/post]

I also like the challenge of lighting and photographing the dioramas. For me, achieving the ultimate photograph is more important than the kit itself. Here's a couple of non Star Wars builds of mine...

TheyreHerenightview.jpg"]They're here...[/post]

gallery8Enterprise-C.jpg"]Enterprise-C[/post]

Wow I love the Enterprise :gobsmacked:

Thanks - that model (and a lot of my rear projection lit starships) was shot on a 5" x 4" camera with tranny film. Can't beat it! Today I've been weathering the standing AT-AT in my Battle of Hoth dio. I've also been working on the flying snowspeeder (higher one in the pic) but haven't started the weathering on it yet. I put the troops back into place but need a lot more snow and stormtroopers. Here's how it's shaping up:

FulllengthATATdio.jpg"]Battle of Hoth dio (6.5ft lg)[/post]

Brilliant work Sciford, some lovely dio's, I particularly love the battle damaged models, IIRC there was a book published of illustrations of space hulks and wrecks it was fantastic.

Thanks for your kind words. I never knew anything about such a book as you describe. Do you have any more information about it? I'd love to try and track a copy down.

Thanks for your kind words. I never knew anything about such a book as you describe. Do you have any more information about it? I'd love to try and track a copy down.

It was quite a few years ago, but I will see if I can come up with any info.

Hi Sciford, I think I've found a picture of the book, it was sold on a NZ auction site, it looks similar to e-bay. Let me know if you come up with any info on the book as I might get one myself if I can.

wrecks.jpg

That's a big help. Tried to do an on-line search the other evening but as I didn't know the title or what I was exactly looking for I couldn't find anything.

I've got a copy of Spacewreck, and it's got a good selection of artwork there. Some of the stories made up to match the paintings are a bit odd, but enjoyable for the pictures alone. I can't quite think where my copy is right now :hmmm:

I've got a copy of Spacewreck, and it's got a good selection of artwork there. Some of the stories made up to match the paintings are a bit odd, but enjoyable for the pictures alone. I can't quite think where my copy is right now :hmmm:

Mike, If it's the first edition and it's in very good condition, it's worth about £70 - £80, so look after it.