Who said '76 was a hot summer?

bentwaters81tfw

Well, I bit the bullet and bought a new flatbed scanner the other week, 'cos I discovered I had some 700 - 800 slides stashed away in the loft.

I have begun the slow process of sorting and scanning the best of the bunch. I'm sorry the quality is not the best, in those days I only had an Instamatic.

Still I hope you like these, I will be posting more from time to time.

img030copy2.jpg

img030.jpg

img031copy1.jpg

img031copy2.jpg

img031copy3.jpg

img031.jpg

img032copy1.jpg

img032copy2.jpg

img032copy3.jpg

img033copy1.jpg

img033.jpg

They're great!! Quality isn't really that important when you have such great subjects! I love the Herc - that's my all time favourite scheme, but I somehow never managed to get any pics of it - & that Norwegian TF-104 is a real beaut! I remember seeing an Ohio ANG KC-97 flying at the 1973 Greenham Common I.A.T. - happy days!!

Please keep the pics coming!

Keef

Lovely! Thanks for sharing and please post some more, Instamatic quality or not. I wish I'd kept some of my shots I took in my youth.

A quick Googling says that KC-97 still lives at Whiteman AFB.

Andy

Brilliant pic's, look at all the variety of types we had back then! Not just row upon row of F-16's and Tonka's!!

Please post more!

Eng

Mmmmmmm.........G-VTOL :D

That Skywarrior looks a bit of a monster too, sadly a type I never got to see :(

I'd have loved to be around to see the airshows of the 70's and 80's; so many quality aircraft I never got see or have only vague memories of.....

Great pics, thanks for sharing these :)