Airfix 1/72 DH 88 Comet Racer

Grant

With time enough to go still I thought we ought to have one of these on the table.

pic_1.jpg

Looking to do this one 'in-flight', as there is a stand in the box, so into the spares box for Messrs Scott and Campbell-Black. You wouldn't believe the size range in 1/72 pilot figures! These two are a bit of a tight fit but they were the best I had with leather headgear.

The Whirlybirds cockpit set went in nicely, though come the final fit, I found I had to do a bit of shaving. The cockpit decals went on fine, so no snags yet...

pic_2.jpg

pic_3.jpg

Fuselage and nacelles glueing as I type.

cheers

Grant

Why, thank you Mish.

Fuselage has gone together nicely, just a little bit of clean up required. The wing-nacelle join, however, is a whole other story!

pic_4.jpg

Still nothing a bit of green putty won't cure.

pic_5.jpg

So out with the wet'n'dry over the weekend. I find it quite therapeutic rubbing down filler to reveal a nice smooth seamless join (well that is the aim anyway), and the Sun is supposed to be out this weekend. Life is Good!

cheers

Grant

• 1 month later...

Well half term kinda got in the way of any progress, and since I have been back there has been no time for updates, just plastic bashing.

Having got it all together, a cut up drinking straw was required to give a little better coverage of the wheel wells.

pic_6.jpg

and then the canopy needed fairing in a little.

pic_7.jpg

and then I got it sprayed last weekend and tonight I have finished the decals (phew!)

pic_8.jpg

pic_9.jpg

see you all at the weekend

cheers

Grant