KUTA GB

OK folks, we're going to be running a quick group build at the end of this year called the KUTA GB. If you're wondering about the KUTA, it's basically a 'Kick up the bottom' :lol:

This GB will be running from the 1st November until the 1st January. It's for completing any unfinished and stalled builds that may be cluttering up your workbench. What a great way to finish off the year by getting these builds finished and out of the way, ready to start the New Year off freshly (in terms of builds anyway!)

Starting on the 1st November, it'll give you a chance to collect any goodies you may need at Telford to get your builds going again.

The ending was going to be set for the 31st December, but I thought anyone with any last minute rushes on finishing won't want to stay in modelling on that night!! So therefore you'll get the 1st January as a freebie!

More details will follow soon, but shout up if you are interested in joining in. All genres will be included, and as long as it's had about 25% of the work already done, it qualifies! Come on... you know you want to get these kits out of the way!

Karl.

I got a few! :lol:

I will do as many of them as I can. Off the top of my head there's a P-51A, a Mirage 2000, a Heller Homer Simpson, Lancastrian, ongoing stop start Me110, even a vac form Spitfire!

Nice one, looking forward to it already :D

Jen.

Excellent idea.

I've an Italeri Chinook in need of finishing, missing detailed parts & a spot of filling and painting. I'd just lost interest.

There's also an An-74 I started rescribing and royally messed up, I'd need to source a new fuselage to finish it.

Just the 2 'dead' projects, I'm a good boy me :innocent:

Edited by Stebos

I've got a couple of Skyhawks to finish, two to be restored after a disposal decision was overturned! and one that has just stopped.

Joel

Excellent, lots of interesting builds lining up so far :thumbsup:

I'll have 2 on the go I think... A 1/72 Tornado IDS, and a 1/48 Hawk 100. There's possibly a couple more that haven't been touched since my last spell of modelling from 1990!!

Karl.

I'm up for this as long as it can include military vehicles 'cos I'm part way through a 1/35th Trumpeter Faun SLT-56 Franzisca plus a Tamiya Leopard 2 A6. They're my first models for a very long time and I've become a bit bogged down with them. This will give me a kick up the watsit to get them finished! :suicide:

Ship & turtle! :unsure:

I've got my Scimitar to finish before Telford, cos I seem to remember promising it for a table of 100 great British aircraft :S Better get a move on!

I'll put my Valiant into this GB though... it's about time I finished it before Airfix announce one for 2009 :S

I'm up for this as long as it can include military vehicles 'cos I'm part way through a 1/35th Trumpeter Faun SLT-56 Franzisca plus a Tamiya Leopard 2 A6. They're my first models for a very long time and I've become a bit bogged down with them. This will give me a kick up the watsit to get them finished! :suicide:

Yup, any stalled builds... planes, cars, ships, tanks, etc, etc, are in!

Karl.

Just a quick update on this GB... Your moderators for this one will be myself and desmojen. Any questions on it, then feel free to ask either of us.

Hopfully I'll get the sub-forums set up soon, and we'll start getting things rolling ready for the 1st November!

Karl.

How far advanced is allowed Karl? For example, I have a Phantom which just needs stencils, canopy and missiles adding to it to finish it. The skyhawks I want to do are built up and wanting painting to complete.

Joel

How far advanced is allowed Karl? For example, I have a Phantom which just needs stencils, canopy and missiles adding to it to finish it. The skyhawks I want to do are built up and wanting painting to complete.

I think Karl's intention is that you use this GB to complete any project, irrespective of it's current state, even simply canopy, stencils and missiles.

peebeep