RAF Typhoon fleet - upgrades already

Gary West

Just make sure you get the serials right then Jen - you wouldn'y want a "what if" now would ya :P

Well not normally, no. But on this occasion the model is being built for a friend, and he wants it in 43 Sqn markings, so it can't help but be a bit whiffy......

Jen.

• 6 months later...

some really beautiful images there, definately useful modelling shots, i recall making a large scale (about 7ft long!) Eurofighter Typhoon model for BAE Systems about 7 years ago to which i added the ir tracking ball fairing and a few other lumps n bumps, which i then had to remove as i was told that this wasnt how the RAF's Typhoon was going to look, yeah right! (never listen to anyone involved with pr. lol!) this entailed removing the offending items and refinishing the areas concerned, a bugger of a job too without trashing the whole model!)

needless to say my own model made at the same time had all the bits added, hehehe

hmm...i wonder whos going to do the conformal tanks as a resin accessory for the type?

cheers, Joe

Thanks Gary - excellent! Great pics...

Cheers, Geoff :thumbsup:

I saw the advert last night for the RAF, with all the tools etc gathering together to make a Typhoon - what it doesn't show is all the money coming out the back as exhaust :analintruder:

I'm not quite sure because it was foggy, but i'm sure i saw a Typhoon with storm shadows attached last week.

Its more likely the drop tanks which they carry on the wings. The reason i say this is because apparently its too big for the pylon it would fit on (second out from the fuselage). When fitted to this it prevents the gear doors from fully opening, neither can it be hung on the pylon nearest to the fuselage because it would completely obstruct the landing gear.

That is surprising although that being DA2 there could be differences between that and production Tiffies pylon location etc. But i`d love to see a Tiffie fully loaded with storm shadows, i`ve seen the Saudi Tonka carrying them. I also saw the T-bird Tiffie with full paveway load but its nothing compared to the bulk of storm shadow :evil_laugh: