Tie Interceptor

1:72 Sienar Fleet Systems Tie Interceptor from Fine Molds.

Started this one the other day, I'm building it OOB and it's sooo small!!!

So far I've built/painted the stand and cockpit, and have fitted the cockpit in place within the two halves of the outer hull... pics to follow.

Paul.

Edited by Paul B

:D

Photo's tomorrow I promise, or maybe latter...

This morning has seen a huge amount of work on the kit, or it just seems like it as it's a straight forward build and not to complicated :)

Apart from the solar panels on the wings, everything is attached. The glass on the cockpit is masked off and it's all ready to be primed and painted. The panels I've kept seperate and will be painting these before they go onto the kit. Sunday, maybe Moday should see the kit completed :D

Apart from the solar panels on the wings, everything is attached. The glass on the cockpit is masked off and it's all ready to be primed and painted. The panels I've kept seperate and will be painting these before they go onto the kit. Sunday, maybe Moday should see the kit completed :D

That's a clever piece of moulding, keeping the SPs separate... really cuts down on the masking, doesn't it? :D

Just put the coat of primer on, I'll leave it for 1/2 hour and put the final coat on and it'll be ready for the gray top coat tomorrow and then weathering :D

About to have food then I'll get some photos done for you :D

Ok... I'm working with a go-slow broadband connection here, it'd be quicker to use dial-up at the moment :(

Pics... The cockpit is about the size a 50 pence piece.

ti_1.jpg

ti_2.jpg

ti_3.jpg

ti_4.jpg

ti_5.jpg

ti_6.jpg

ti_7.jpg

Think I've just gone overboared with the primer - I was trying to get a coating on the wing struts, had a look at the top of the model and it's was swimming in primer Oops... I'l wait for it to dry then set to with the sand paper :)

Edited by Paul B

:( This has been disposed off in the bin...

I had applied to much primer to the top of the kit. I used stripper to clean it back down to the plastic, took the maskes off the glass to find thinned primer/stripper had leaked into the cockpit, prity much ruining the whole thing!

What the hay... one down to experiance <_< Still, I have the X-wing to build :)

Bugger.... That's bad news Paul. :( Shame... any bits salvagable? You never know... I might need some spares! ;)

Here - if you're ordering a replacement from HLJ, reckon you could get me a regular TIE fighter? :please:

No worries if not... I'm big & old enough to sort it myself, but am trying to resist Slave I :unsure:

:( This has been disposed off in the bin...

I had applied to much primer to the top of the kit. I used stripper to clean it back down to the plastic, took the maskes off the glass to find thinned primer/stripper had leaked into the cockpit, prity much ruining the whole thing!

What the hay... one down to experiance <_< Still, I have the X-wing to build :)

Paul all I can say is SH*T :analintruder::gobsmacked: and it was looking fine too, if you check the link to HJL the tie intercepters only cost £8 and shipping isnt that much, I think at most it cost me £10, but I did order 4 at the same time. Just a thought and they have great service and it'll only take a a week to arrive. :closedeyes:

http://www.hlj.com/hljlist2/?Dis=-2&Ma...&Maker1=FNM

I'm trying not to spend any money on kits at the moment (he says having had another one arrive today :rolleyes: ) £22 for Slave I you say :hmmm:

I might fish it back out of the bin and see just how much damage is done, but to rectifiy it will mean removing the clear front panel - If the stripper has gone right into the cockpit and onto the transfers then it's back to the bin...

Shame that Paul - still, all part of the hobby I suppose :(

Actually, I like the challenge of recovering from a disaster... not that I make them happen on purpose, you understand, but a good recovery is often more satisfying than a kit well done after no snags.

I know :stupid: I'll get me coat :rolleyes:

Took it out of the bin and managed to get the front clear panel off for a look see inside the cockpit :D not to much damage done.. the thinned white primmer has only gone onto the front panel attached to the main body and not gone into the cockpit area its self :D

The main thing will be trying to get the clear sections clear once more then remask useing Tamiya's tape. The original masks looked to thick and had made a poor job of there task.

The saga continues... :D

Edited by Paul B

I'm a shamed to say it, but its gone back into the big black bin :(

I'd managed to do a resonable job of cleaning up the clear panels and re-masked them, but I managed to break some of the more delicate bits on the wings while cleaning them up - Even spending a bit of time and efort, it would only look half-descent at best once fully built :(

I'm going to make a start on the X-Wing - but I'll make myself take timeouts and not try to rush it - Found a realy good weathering artical on Star Ship Modeler which uses an large scale x-Wing.

Edited by Paul B