Thunderbird 1 (TV show)

3D Model - Original Mesh by James Murphy/ Render by me

Thunderbird1_000.jpg

08 December 2004

The Parts... not many - but very good quality with virtually no airbubble holes.

Thunderbird1_001.jpg

Thunderbird1_002.jpg

Thunderbird1_003.jpg

Thunderbird1_004.jpg

24 August 2008

Before my latest house move I was testing out the garden shed for my spraying area, which was OK once I had moved a heater in there. The spraying of Alclad Aluminimum overall, masked then Humbrol #47 (Gloss Sea Blue) sprayed, and Alclad Steel for the engine bells. The nose cone was sprayed with Humbrol #153 (Insignia Red).

At the point where I set aside the kit to cure, we recieved notification of having to move yet again. So after a few days curing, the parts were packed back in its box, ready for the next house move. A couple of months later, and a question raised about this kit, I brought it down from the loft and photo'd the parts as they are currently.

Thunderbird1_005.jpg

01 October 2008

I applied the decals, but there seems to be an issue with them sticking - I have the feeling adding a sealing coat wil show up a lot of silvering. So I have decided to stop the build at this stage.

I was intending to postshade as with my Thunderbird 3, but on reflection I think I prefer this one clean.

Thunderbird1_006.jpg

Thunderbird1_007.jpg

Thunderbird1_008.jpg

Thunderbird1_009.jpg

Thunderbird1_010.jpg

Thunderbird1_011.jpg

and the Gerry Anderson collection so far. (SPV is a diecast)

Thunderbird1_012.jpg