1/48 MPM He-177 "Greif" straight outta Wisconsin!

***********TALENT ALERT*******************

Good golly god this is phenominal work,

Welcome to Britmodeller sir, and WHAT an entrance !

:gobsmacked:

Coouldn't agree more, you have produced a jaw-droppingly sunning build!

Holy Heinkels, Batman! Magnificent work on that beastie, the squiggly-wiggly camo pattern looks like it must have been 'fun' to do.

The interior detail looks incredibly real, I presume those are all pre-painted PE bits?

One question if I may; I see you've painted the interior in what appears to be RLM 02, I was of the assumption that it would be more likely to be dark gray (RLM66?) - is there something here that I've missed?

I was looking at my Revell 1/72 one today, and almost tempted to start spraying the interior, I'm glad I didn't now!

Again, a superb job ( the Ju88 is pretty mean too!)

Cheers from NZ

Mike A

It's a conspiricey I tell ya, MPM calls for 02, while Revel, the research and 1/72 Eduard call for 66. Now I thought that Eduard 1/48 BIG ED was in 02, but looking at thier site, it seems to be in 66, so now I'm not sure :undecided. Personaly, I'm going with 66.

But, whatever, that is one beautful build :analintruder::analintruder::analintruder: , pulled out mine(low tech) awhile ago to fondle the parts, what can I say, typical MPM, wich makes this one all the more stunning :mike:

Edited by nsmekanik

That is mind boggling work! :worthy:

• 6 years later...

wow! what an impressive build!

a bit late, I know but worth the comment nonetheless imho! ;)

Thanks for bringing it to the top! I missed it first time, what a great build! Shame he hasn't posted more?

• Like 1

At the risk of repeating everybody but all I can say is WOOOOOOW.

i was thinking of selling my heinkel but after seeing what can be done with it i think that it stays in my collection :goodjob::goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

• 3 months later...

Being far from home for business for two weeks, and so, far from my models, I've discovered this masterpiece!!!!!!

Just one word: fantastic!

I wish I could get this kind of result.

Now actually, the He 177 is the next to come on my workbench; still the MPM in 1/48, but the basic model with very view resin adds-on (4 to be precise) and its famous no-location-pins-on fuselage and wings...

I'm happy also because I was uncertain about the application of the big ED kit....you know, the question that says: does it really worth all the time and patience....will it be visible?

I think the answer is yes, meaning this Greif will be a yearly project for 2016...

Cheers

Hello,Cementsniffer - My compliments to you on a fine looking build of your 'He177'.This is not a type I have a lot of knowledge of but what I certainly know is that you have built a beautifully painted and finished tribute to this type.All the best,Paul.