Victor B1

Martian

Good job Martin , to answer your question about colours , the rear crew compartment was a mix of medium grey walls and semi matt black panels, floor and instruments, the wind shield ( that faced the airflow) was white.

Nice job on U/C, wheels are a pain as they are oversize ( as they are on the FROG kit!!) , I used wheels from the 1/72nd Italeri B58 Hustler which are a lot nearer scale though you must make new 'hubs', as the 58's are dished.

Is it still possible for you to work on the shape of the tail cone? as it needs to be a bit more pointed than what you have at the moment ( unless you're doing a B1A in which case it needs to be shorter and more rounded :bleh: !!).

Good job , look forward to result of your labours Martin,

Andy

Thanks General. I was fearing your comments more than anyones as as a Fleet Ait Arm builder normally. I don't have anything like your experience in the area of V bombers. I'll have a bash at the tail cone but i don't know how much more pointed I can get it as it has a metal core where I put it in my mini drill to turn it up. Sprayed up the interior this evening, detail painting tomorrow.

Martin

Martin ,

''Thanks General. I was fearing your comments more than anyones''

Don't say that for gawd's sake , makes me feel like an ogre....LOL, (and I'm not , really, honest !!!) You've done a great job and I always follow any Victor build with interest and hopefully a bit of assistance. I went to the Notts/Lincs IPMS show at Southwell on Sunday and what was there , lo and behold , a modified Lindberg Victor and Vulcan as B1's....really good job as well. Will post pics tommorrow,

Keep going....lol

Andy

Thanks I appreciate the advice. it seems that there was more plastic left on the tail cone than I thought as I managed to get it more pointed without exposing the metal core. Have started painting the interior and will post some more pictures of progress this week. I am then taking the model on holiday for a fortnight to try and get it as finished as possible ( I have an exceptionally understanding other half! ) and will let you all know how things are going on my return.

Martin

Right the last Pics before I depart to the wilds of the Inner Hebrides. I did what you said General. You are of course right it does look better with the tail cone more pointed. I glued the nose on this evening and then layered on more Miliput than you can shake a sanding stick at. I just have to keep telling myself that no matter how hard converting this kit is as least the finishing should be a breeze. Will spend tomorrow round my mates house doing the anti-flash roundels.

101_0016.jpg

101_0017.jpg

Martin

• 3 weeks later...

Got back from the wilds of the Inner Hebredies at the week end. Work continued whilst I was away and the model is now up to the painting stage and looking.....well very white at the moment. IPMS duties permitting I'll try and get some pics onto the forum this week.

Martin

Thanks General. Lokng forward to seeing the B2R. Incidently how did you go about the extended wing tips? I quite fancy a B2 myself. I hace, however, definitely learned my lesson and it will be from the Matchbox kit this time!!

Right now the scary bit for a modeller of FAA aircraft well out of his comfort zone! I finally managed to stagger across the finishing line. Be gentle.

101_0165.jpg

101_0164.jpg

101_0163.jpg

Martin