1\72 Shorts Skyvan

Thanks to Glenn R's generosity with the decals I have been able to complete this rather exotic bird. Debuted on the BM table at Farnborough on Sunday, but I was busy on the MOD line up so did not hear any comments! Was well received at Hannants today though. Rather pleased with this one, reminds me of an angry bee! MODeller

DSCF2491.jpg

DSCF2490.jpg

DSCF2489.jpg

DSCF2488.jpg

• Like 3

The engine nacelles and wing leading edges are painted in Alclad Chrome, with a coat of Klear to protect and slightly dull the finish, wish this stuff had been avaliable 30yrs ago! White is Halfords Appliance White over a grey primer, this again slightly "kills" the white to give a more scale representation. Glad you like it! MODeller

• 7 months later...

Nice work, Ive just seen a similar one on hyperscale in the Thai marking, they look excellent! Ive just recieved a skyvan from a friend in turkey and Im tempted by the NASA markings, hope it comes out as neat as yours.

• 4 years later...

Nicely done, I have decals and kit to do an RTP Skyvan, how did you fit out the interior?

Nick

Ugly... but lovely.

Wish their where more exotic Skyvan decals available.

Holy time warp Batman! Was just thinking it was good to see Bobsy on here, then realised the post was nearly five years old!

While we're on the subject though, does anyone know if there is a model of a Shorts 360 available anywhere?