Lossie at Night

Armadillos

Well as Lossie were doing some night flying during my week up there i decided to give it ago.

Certainly a steep learning curve with settings and tripod etc etc but i`m fairly please with the few good shots and well worth trying again i think.

First of all the line with just a few Tonkas out

Panatnight.jpg

Then not long to wait and something stirred :thumbsup:

Stirring.jpg

And finally burner at night possibly my best and fave shot of the whole nights work

Lightup.jpg

Hope you like and comments as always welcome.

Quite superb! I agree you last shot is stunning. Love the light on the front of the aircraft. Now to get that close to those Tornados is just heaven. Lucky you. The best I get near home (RAF Leuchars) are the F.3's.

Got any more good stuff?

Tom

Osher mate,

The exif data says a 2 second shutter speed on a cannon 30D, you need a quality tripod to hold the cam steady, also a good heavy bag hanging on the tripod helps to steady things too.

The last one is certainly a top catch.

John.

Could certainly arrange a hi-res version if anyone wanted one.

Settings varied from shot to shot but i think all of these were shot at ISO100 and with exposures varying from 1/2-4 secs. Just ashame i don`t live closer to somewhere such as Lossie where i could get in alot more practice as i think theres certainly quite a bit of room for improvement in the shots.