Pierre's Felixstowe F.2A, Roden 1/72

Madman

I rebuilt the rudders with bits of brass, which I solderered all together. For comparison I put the kit original rudder between my parts.

Felixstowe-1_11.jpg

I clamped the assembled axis and rudder bar. Then I soldered carefully each pedal, without unsoldering what has been already done! It took a couple of attempts before I could get each pedal into the correct position.

Felixstowe-2_9.jpg

All rudder command parts are glued: the pedals, control wire and pulleys.

Felixstowe-1_12.jpg

Closer. Everything seems ready to work :)

Felixstowe-2_10.jpg

Even closer: one can clearly see the path or the rudder command wire, which makes a sort of loop to the front, and synchronises both pedals.

Felixstowe-3_5.jpg

View from the front.

Felixstowe-4.jpg

That's it, let's call it a day. Cheers and good night everyone :)

This is beyond amazing. You are either a complete lunatic or a genius. I think this is the finest modelling I have ever seen. Cant wait to see the next installment.

A couple of etched Part parts, to be placed there and there. Folding, soldering and polishing, nothing really fancy.

Felixstowe-1_14.jpg

Then come the seats, freshly painted with artist's oils, imitating old dark and leaned leather

Felixstowe-2_11.jpg

Close-up...

Felixstowe-3_6.jpg

Pierre: Wonderful detail...a labor of love I'm sure........ :worthy:

Cheers,

ggc

The seatbelts, by Eduard. I built a small buckle with lead wire. I cannot say these parts are very large indeed...

Felixstowe-1_15.jpg

Then I drilled a small hole (0.3mm) to plug in the buckle. Now the seats must dry completely before I can fold the belts onto the cussions.

Felixstowe-2_12.jpg

Edited by Madman

Pierre.. just out of curiousity, as i have one of these to build, do you know if the cables would be greased near the 'return spindles' (I just made the name up I don't know what they're really called)?

Pierre.. just out of curiousity, as i have one of these to build, do you know if the cables would be greased near the 'return spindles' (I just made the name up I don't know what they're really called)?

Frankly I have no clue. Maybe yes, I can imagine they are, to minimize wear and tear, but who knows it for certain?

Its not just the size and quality of the superdetailing I can't believe.. it's also the way it all hangs together as if it were real. looking at Pierre's work I feel enthused and demoralised at the same time (won't stop me trying however)

To have a correct alignment of the upper structure I intend to scratch build I needed an assembly jig. I used silicone to press the body into.

Felixstowe-1_17.jpg

Half an hour later I can demold the parts...

Felixstowe-2_13.jpg

Now I can place the new ribs very precisely and glue them to the front and rear parts.

Felixstowe-3_7.jpg

To have a correct alignment of the upper structure I intend to scratch build I needed an assembly jig. I used silicone to press the body into.

Felixstowe-1_17.jpg

Half an hour later I can demold the parts...

Felixstowe-2_13.jpg

Now I can place the new ribs very precisely and glue them to the front and rear parts.

Felixstowe-3_7.jpg

What a briliantly simple idea!!

Great stuff!!

Keef