Pierre's Felixstowe F.2A, Roden 1/72

Madman

Hi Pierre,

I don't think there's anything I can say that hasn't been said already, you're leagues above anything else I've ever seen.

couple of questions though,

1. How on earth did you manage to produce such a tiny curly wire?!

2. Do you think those callipers are a little too big?

3. How will you be able to see this amazing detail when it's finished?

:mike:

Madman's new weapon to fight sloppy soldering and ugly engraving: a stereo microscope, magnifying power between 3.5 to 45 times

A little heavier than the head magnifyers, but so much comfy and precise. A entire new world opens... :)

Felixstowe-1_36.jpg

Result: I unsoldered the ammo boxes for the Vivkers, and redid the job. Pictures to come soon!

Here are the first experiments. Using a microscope is not as easy as it seems, a lot of practice is required...

Felixstowe-1_modifi_-1.jpg

Felixstowe-2_modifi_-1.jpg

As someone mentioned, the results are so small that there is no visible difference with bare eyes. But you know what modelleres use to be proud of: "I know it's there, it's perfect, and it has all the bells and whistles (but I closed the body halves...) :)

Pierre you astound me every time I look at this build. I must say that those mags for the machine guns looked perfect before you re did them. So far as the microscope is concerned, dare we ask how much that thing cost? It looks seriously expensive!!

...So far as the microscope is concerned, dare we ask how much that thing cost? It looks seriously expensive!!

I found it at around $350 plus shipping charges. Fairly inexpensive when compared to original Leitz or Zeiss microscopes, which I cannot afford :)

A frustrating soldering evening. There are just too many tiny parts. For example the body hereafter has no less than eight parts, and it is extremely difficult to keep everything in one place whan applying heat.

I wil NOT build four of these guns, they drive me crazy...

Felixstowe-1_39.jpg

holy s**t now that is a new level ...........are you that chap from glastonbury that writes peoples names on a piece of rice ?????????? ( now retired of nervous exaustion with all the polish immigrants )

Tornado,

This Gentlemans name is Pierre, and hes French living in France, and if you look at his website that shows his modelling skills, you'll see fairly rapidly why he goes by the nickname of Madman :worthy::mike:

Pierre, as always, words fail me to describe your superb attention to detail :goodjob:

Thanks for sharing :thumbsup2:

Bex

Progess was made today: I closed the body of the Vickers, and soldered the cooling sleeve :)

Felixstowe-1_40.jpg

PS. The microscope is fabulous as well to remove glass fibre bits from the skin of my hands. Works like a charm...