19 members have voted

1. 1. Need a little help on what colour I should paint this beast

• Red with gold stripes
    • Green with gold stripes
    • Black with gold stripes
    • White with gold stripes
    • Royal blue with gold stripes
    • A N Other

Well folks I've decided not to change this to Eleanor from Gone in 60 fame both due to the fact the molding is, for lack of a better word, crap on this RoG kit and I can't be bothered. As you can see I'm looking for a little help on the colour for this as I can't decide. I'm leaning towards red with either white or gold stripes at the moment. Anywho here's the start:

Americanbuild003.jpg

Americanbuild002.jpg

Americanbuild004.jpg

Body cleaned and primed:

Americanbuild006.jpg

Americanbuild008.jpg

The nasty chrome sprues are soaking in brake fluid as I type and will get either a coat of Alclad or BMF. More when I get some free time.

Does brake fluid work on chrome? Nasty stuff to clean off afterwards.

I thought Coke was the weapon of choice.

I have managed to remove it unintentionally in soapy boiling water! I have an ultrasonic cleaner that heats the water as well and I was cleaning all the bits of an RC car and when I removed it the chrome bits were all white plastic! Works wonders on acrylic paints too.

Craig.

• 1 month later...

Nice start, & this isn't a bad kit to work with, it's ALOT better then the anemic AMT 66 Coupe.... I voted for Black with Gold stripes.... :) Myself I'm looking forward to the Revell 68 Stang when it gets released.... Can you say Bullitt???? :devil:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...