• 27:VG33 : Spitfire
    • 28: cmatthewbacon: Me 109
    • 29: GoonerChris: Me 109
    • 30: Dave Gibson:Gladiator
    • xxxxxxxxxxxx

Airfix 1/24 Me109E

ObLt. Ulrich Steinhilper 'Yellow 2'

3/JG52 Coquelles, France

27th October 1940, his final flight before being shot down by Sgt Bill Skinner and A/Flt Lt Mungo Park of 74 Sqn.

buildreport:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16160

2008_11020001.jpg

2008_11020002.jpg

2008_11020003.jpg

Edited by Erwin

Roden 1/48 kit + Eduard PE + Home-made masks.

The paints used were Tamiya mixes using blends from Tamiya and IPMS Stockholm.

Thanks for looking and happy voting.

dave.

The build can be found here http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17443

02.jpg

06.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

Edited by Erwin

IMPORTANT :

When you vote for a number from 1 to 24 you also have to vote for the XXXXX's at the bottom of the row 25 to 30.

If you vote for a number from 25 to 30 you also have to vote for the XXXXX's at the bottom of the row 1 to 24

Otherwise your vote will not be accepted.

If you are having trouble to vote and you get an errorreport then you didn't do it like I explained .

I made a testpoll for those with errorreports .

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22687

Edited by Erwin

Hi all,

Maybe no one dares to say a few words of comment on why they voted for a certain build.

Well I will brake the ice.

I voted for the Heinkel 59 Floatplane. Their were some others that were close in getting my vote too.

But I know that building a bi-plane with the rigging is a difficult thing to do. Also the waterbase gave it that extra to recieve my vote.

Edited by Erwin

Thank you to the person that voted for my wooden Hurricane. :yahoo: My first vote ever in the many groupbuilds I joined.

I have an educated idea who it is. ;)

Edited by Erwin

Well all I can say is every build is a credit to there creators, super job people!!.

My choice is Deanflyers Stuka, a good, well detailed and cleanly executed model, superb stuff.

JB.

I voted for Deanflyers Stuka.

Top modelling skills, nice paint job and excellent pix.

But how do you chose because there are some super models here - everyone is a winner in some way

Regards

David

:partytime:

Thanks John and David, nice to be appreciated.

I voted for VG33's Spitfire, (since you're not allowed to vote for yourself - damn!) as I think it's one of the nicest 1/72 scale models I've ever seen. Lovely paint job, seamless decals, and it generally looks much bigger than it is.

Looks like the Battle of Britain is going the wrong way though - the Axis powers are in the lead 33 to 18 at the moment, although how a total of 51 votes have been divided between 46 voters I'll never know!

Cheers,

Dean

I voted for VG33's Spitfire, (since you're not allowed to vote for yourself - damn!) as I think it's one of the nicest 1/72 scale models I've ever seen. Lovely paint job, seamless decals, and it generally looks much bigger than it is.

Thank you :worthy:

I voted as many of us for the Heinkel 59.

Looks like the Battle of Britain is going the wrong way though - the Axis powers are in the lead 33 to 18 at the moment, although how a total of 51 votes have been divided between 46 voters I'll never know!

The few against all odds.

Patrick

I voted for VG33's Spitfire.I wanted to vote for something that was synonymous with the B.O.B in my mind,and to me that comes down to Spitfire,Hurricane,ME 109/110 or Heinkel 111.I know all of the aircraft played a part in the conflict, but to me those aircraft are the B.O.B. I also voted for this model,because i used the same kit and although happy with mine,VG33's model was so much better.All the models were of a high standard and choosing one to vote for was hard.I also enjoyed Mish's Lysander and Stebos' He 59 a lot.Well done everybody.A top G.B. :D

Muller, thanks for the compliments on the photography. Living in the country does have advantages for photographing models.

Generally guys I have enjoyed the build and learnt a lot from the build reports. I voted for Stebos' He 59 as although his model is of an aircraft from the fringes of the Battle of Britain it was the model I would most liked to have made myself. I liked the irony of a crew taking time out on a beach during one of the greatest aerial battles. Full marks from me for concept, execution and presentation, but it was by a very fine margin.

Blimey, I came second! Thanks for those who voted for me.

Congratulations Stebos, nice win.

Remember commenting on my Stuka, saying you wished YOU were that good?...looks like you're officially twice as good as that, now!

Well done mate,

Dean