Tim's F-15J build

Tim B

Cheers people,

Major progress on the Eagle...

Picture204.jpg

Picture205.jpg

Both of the cans are now assembled and after a few hours of careful glueing, Filling and sanding this is where i am. Just have to rescribe and thats the major building work out of the way.

back soon,

Tim

Just a quick update. I have tinkered with the paint a bit and given it a coat of klear I'll wait for it to dry properly, give it another coat and she'll be ready for decals. I managed to knock the tail fins off..AGAIN! ham fisted Bell does it again :rolleyes: .... so the paint now looks a bit dodgy around the tail fins...nevermind :violin:

Picture246.jpg

Picture247.jpg

Cheers,

Tim

Thanks,

It's on!

Picture249-1.jpg

Currently being tamed with microsol. It did break in a few places but it went on pretty much pain free. I think I'll do all the big decals then give it a coat of Klear to protect them for stenciling.

Cheers,

Tim

Hi Stebos,

It's polished aluminium Alclad II. While doing my research I noticed that some eagles had their 'rears' polished up and as this is a show bird i thought it would look nice.

Cheers

Tim

Yup to both. I used Xtracrylics black but didn't get a great finish as it dried too quick when it went on. It wouldn't need polishing if i had've got a better finish on the black, it's lovely stuff. Just to combat any confusion the actual name of the colour is 'Polished Aluminium'

HTH

Tim

Ah that'll be why. The polished is one of the high shine range that needs the black. I was just using plain alum.

Thanks for the help, looks like I'll need to pick up some of the polished as well for that silver effect.

Thanks..

Just finished painting the engines. They were sprayed Tamiya gloss black X-1 then Citadel mithril silver and Boltgun metal. The ceramic plates were done with Tamiya XF-2 flat white. I'll wash the insides with a bit of promodellers dark and thats the engines/nozzles just about done.

Picture267.jpg

More soon,

Tim

FINISHED.

Many thanks to everyone for your support through this build, Especially to Mike for the exhausts and Peter for the kick up the bottom. :shocked:

I tried to enjoy this build and not get bogged down with tiny details, so i'm sorry if it isn't perfect :D

Picture282-1.jpg

More pics coming soon

Tim