Army Air Corp Beech King Airs

aw-boss man

The King Airs will be arriving at Aldergrove at some stage but I think getting decent pics will be difficult due to their role.Haven't heard about the Dauphins just the two 109s and two AW-139s going to Valley for SARTU but no pics yet ,same with the Mi.17s.

The King Airs will be arriving at Aldergrove at some stage but I think getting decent pics will be difficult due to their role.Haven't heard about the Dauphins just the two 109s and two AW-139s going to Valley for SARTU but no pics yet ,same with the Mi.17s.

are the King Airs replacing the Islanders in NI then?

are the King Airs replacing the Islanders in NI then?

If they're ZZ416 to ZZ419 they are being designated Shadow R1s and are being used by 5 Squadron alongside the Sentinels as an "Airborne Vision Enhancement System". I don't think anything has been published about where they're operating.

If they're ZZ416 to ZZ419 they are being designated Shadow R1s and are being used by 5 Squadron alongside the Sentinels as an "Airborne Vision Enhancement System". I don't think anything has been published about where they're operating.

AFAIK they are still being fitted out with their mission kit. Interesting about the 5 Sqn - there was apparently a bit of a stushie about who should operate them - Guess Light Blue won over Green!!

Neither the Dauphins or the Twinstars have yet shown up on the 'spotter radar', but there is a picture of one of the Mi-17s in this months Air Forces Monthly, taken before delivery in Bulgaria - in Raspberry Ripple!!

AFAIK they are still being fitted out with their mission kit. Interesting about the 5 Sqn - there was apparently a bit of a stushie about who should operate them - Guess Light Blue won over Green!!

Seeing as 45 Sqn operate B200s just down the road at Cranditz, I think it would make perfect sense for the boys at the front to wear blue.

if thats 'Storm Shadow' at Waddo, my mate has just missed out on a posting to that unit. he asked what aircraft he would be working on but they wouldn't tell him......