Hunter intakes

Black!.......Black!.......they keep me in the cellar & feed me pins, where shall we sleep tonight Mother? In Father's grave? My eyes! My eyes are pies, and yours are lies, ALL LIES! I am a fly, trapped in a bottle of SHADOWS! Bzzzzzz... The gulls have plucked out my eyes! What's for tea, Mother? Maggots on toast? They tap at my window with tiny poles

Errr sorry about that. Seriously, black.

Hello Murdo,

I am planning to use the Revell 1/32 F.6 kit. I have this wild idea to build at 4 or 5 aerobatic team Hunters. I have my first Hunter done, which is an F.4 my uncle flew on 71 sqdn in 1956-7. My next is the F.58, awaiting camouflage, and on deck is the Black Arrows one. I hope to do Blue Diamonds, FAB Red Devils ,and the Indian Thunderbolts to finish up. If I am not bonkers by then.

Nice one Tony! What kit are you planning to use?

Would this be any use to you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD6izBE3f2M

I beg to differ on the colour of the splitter. On this photo, the splitter on the aircraft nearest the camera is definatly a light colour. I would hazzard its painted in that grey/off white colour

328.jpg

How have you dealt with the seam inside the intakes by the way. I'm doing the same scheme, and I can't figure the best way to go about the intakes..........FOD guards arn't an option on this one

Edited by chadders

I beg to differ on the colour of the splitter. On this photo, the splitter on the aircraft nearest the camera is definatly a light colour. I would hazzard its painted in that grey/off white colour

How have you dealt with the seam inside the intakes by the way. I'm doing the same scheme, and I can't figure the best way to go about the intakes..........FOD guards arn't an option on this one

I agree. The boundary layer splitter plates were the same colour as any other Hunter, i.e. the off-white of the neoprene rubber coating that was applied to the interior of the intakes. Earlier Hunter's intakes without that coating were painted with aluminium paint.

Edited by StephenMG

328.jpg

Yes, I agree, the intakes are tricky. On my 2nd attempt I created a hook out of a wire hanger and fed it down the intake once the fuselage was assembled and glue dried. The I pulled the freefloating intakes toward the wings, and applied glue to the joint. But it mucks up the interior finish, which was silver, and I had to carefully spray it again.

Tony