VERY CHEAP Acrylic Paint Remover FROM TESCOS

bexwh773

I’ve searched for the Tesco Multi Surface Cleaner and it seems it’s no longer available

Any other ideas please

Edited by SteveG8

19 hours ago, SteveG8 said:

I’ve searched for the Tesco Multi Surface Cleaner and it seems it’s no longer available

Any other ideas please

I bought some recently, it is in tall flatish bottles of 1ltr similar to flash cleaner and is as per the photo earlier in this thread is with other cleaning products. It is also on their website

• 11 months later...

I got some of the yellow bottle Tesco all purpose cleaner today. 

I have a Phantom which was primed with Halfords white, the underside painted with xtracolor enamel and the the remainder in Humbrol acrylic. (116,117,118) For some reason the Humbrol thickened up and left a very rough finish. (might be me using xtracrylix thinner).

Two hours in the washing up bowl immersed in the Tesco cleaner and gentle application of the scrubber has taken most of the Humbrol off but has left the enamel untouched - which was what I wanted.

EDIT:

After another 4 hours immersed in the cleaner and then gently scrubbed the majority of the enamel and the Halfords primer has also come off.

• 1 year later...

Tesco Multi surface Cleaner now comes in blue (Cotton fresh) £1.25 a litre. Just stripped off 30 year old enamel  polyurethane gloss covered took around 3 days but right back to plastic terrific stuff. Sainsbury's are still selling the lemon variety. One point DO NOT blast this through your airbrush unless you are wearing an oxygen mask it's lethal! I also use it to do a deep clean on my airbrush. Strip the parts down  and leave immersed overnight again the fumes are very strong!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...