Duxford 90th Anniversary Show

F-32

Here are some shots from today at Duxford. Weather was alright, better than I thought it would be, although the one rain storm did decide to hit when the Sabre was displaying so that's why I've got take off and landing shots with nothing in between! :shithappens:

A couple of early morning Daks.

IMG_3014.jpg

IMG_3017.jpg

IMG_3021.jpg

IMG_3032.jpg

Lanc went tech so the BBMF display comprised of 2 x fighters and as always they rocked.

Spitfire.jpg

IMG_3065.jpg

IMG_3102.jpg

IMG_3099.jpg

But the reason most people were there (and to be honest there weren't actually that many people for a Duxford show) was the mighty Avro Vulcan. The commentators very kindly gave us updates throughout the morning of her status and there was an audible sigh of relief when told that she was enroute.

As always she took my breath away....................but my camera finger was still working!

IMG_3101.jpg

IMG_3105.jpg

IMG_3107.jpg

Vulcan3.jpg

Vulcan2.jpg

Vulcan1.jpg

Vulcan.jpg

IMG_3137.jpg

Some lovely pics in there. Surprised to see the Invader is still there after Legends, did it display?

I was due to go tomorrow, but the old man's car is on the blink so I won't be going now :crying: The Vulcan has eluded me once more this year. Will be going to the October show now for my last chance this year to see her.....fingers crossed :)

Neither the Invader or Catalina displayed, I believe they had commitments elsewhere. It was a shame about the Catalina not doing her thing as she didn't display at Legends either.

Some more Invader shots for Steve, from earlier in the year:

Legends-2008-179-1.jpg

Legends-2008-164.jpg

Legends-2008-306.jpg

And one more of the Vulcan :wub:

Vulcan_power.jpg

Great pics... especially the Vulcan :heart: Is that thing beautiful, or what? :wub:

Mike I couldn't agree more.....I'm at a computer looking at the piccies and I can feel my skin tingling. Starting with the Vulcan, Ferocious Frankie, the Sabre, the Dakota's, oh 'ell the whole lot. Thanks for the airshow mate :thumbsup::worthy::worthy::worthy: .

Great pics! I was there too and my camera went u/s just as XH558 began her display. Typical eh? Never mind, at least I got to see her. well worth the wait. She's supposed to be appearing again at duxford in October, so fingers crossed.

Tony :clif:

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice pictures! The Vulcan looks beautiful, is it very loud? Thank you for showing them!

Svake

Hi Svake, yes the Vulcan is loud but not as loud as she used to be. Since her restoration they tend to do a more sedate routine.............although the power climb at the end does get the nice Vulcan howl ringing in the ears!

Forgot to mention that I've been inside the Catalina:

IMG_3049.jpg

Got a full walk-in (like a walkaround inside?) of it, courtesy of the crew, who let me in while she was on the ground at Duxford a couple of years ago. :)