Dynavector 1:48 Douglas Skyshark

Well - she's so close to finished, as to be effectively finished. All that's left to do is seal the exhaust staining with some Klear, and glue the canopy onto the rails. Anyway - here's a few pics I took while titting about with my camera & a light box outside this avo.

<drum roll>

done1.jpg

done2.jpg

done3.jpg

done4.jpg

done5.jpg

done6.jpg

done7.jpg

done8.jpg

Honest answer? I loved every minute of building this kit, and think she's come out exceptionally well, considering it's my first finished vac & my 5th finished kit since I came back to the fold. When the extension's finished, she's getting pride of place in the display case. ^_^

Now... answer honestly - who among you that previously thought she was ugly, have now changed your minds even a little bit?

Bill! Can you get me another one off the big H please? :wub:

• Like 2

Simply awesome! I'd love to build one in the colours worn by VA-25's A-1s during their Vietnam cruises!

Great looking build Mike!

Panellines came out well, considering there's no wash there.

Now... answer honestly - who among you that previously thought she was ugly, have now changed your minds even a little bit?
Nope, still ugly. Still love it too :D

:viking:

Simply awesome! I'd love to build one in the colours worn by VA-25's A-1s during their Vietnam cruises!

Oooh, yeah - a whiffer... good idea. I'm planning on getting another from Bill, so maybe that's what'll 'appen? ;)

Mike, that's a lovely build, and a very odd looking aircraft. Never been aware of these before, but makes a very interesting looking aircraft.

I admire anyone who can build a vacform kit, let alone to get it to look like this! I've never managed one yet!

Good on ya' :thumbsup:

Karl.

ABSOLUTELY Beautiful both aesthetically (I simply like the lines of this purpose built airframe) and how you built it!!! That Glossy Sea Blue looks GREAT!!!

Looks rather fast just sitting there.

Glad you dropped the flaps opens up the model to a more realistic and pleasing look rather than stiff...

GREAT BUILD Mike.

Cheers,

Larry.

ABSOLUTELY Beautiful both aesthetically (I simply like the lines of this purpose built airframe) and how you built it!!! That Glossy Sea Blue looks GREAT!!!

Looks rather fast just sitting there.

Glad you dropped the flaps opens up the model to a more realistic and pleasing look rather than stiff...

GREAT BUILD Mike.

Cheers,

Larry.

Thanks Larry & good luck with finishing yours. I hope you won't be a stranger round here ;)

Thanks for the comments everyone... I've still got a warm fuzzy feeling about it now. ^_^ JUst stratchbuilding the "knee-cap" covers on the undercarriage, which are the final parts to be added. I'll show those little monkeys on the other thread when they're done ;)

Tell you what mate.....thats bloody impressive. I remember following this one as you were building it and I never thought this kit could look so good.

If you asked me to describe this model in one word? Perfect!

Beautiful paint job! I wish I could manage that!

Tell you what mate.....thats bloody impressive. I remember following this one as you were building it and I never thought this kit could look so good.

If you asked me to describe this model in one word? Perfect!

Beautiful paint job! I wish I could manage that!

Thanks Darren - where've u been lately then chap? ;)

An absolute cracker, Mike, and a vac to boot!

Looks the absolute bits. Can I ask that you put up a shot with something else alongside? a Wyvern would be ideal if you've got one!

I really like the comparative size thing (in modelling, silly; I always inspect the ceiling when peeing, don't like to see the envious glances...STOP IT! sorry.) mais, seriousement.. It would be great if some other model in the same scale was posed alongside in one shot of a "Ready for Inspection" post, particularly if the subject is as, frankly (and please don't be offended), weird or esoteric as your Skyshark. Good idea?

I'll see what I can do mate - I have a Dynavector Wyvern sat in primer that I could put next to her - they're broadly comparable in size, but the Skyshark is the beefier airframe because of the sheer size of the fuselage & those gigantic props :wub:

Oooh, yeah - a whiffer... good idea. I'm planning on getting another from Bill, so maybe that's what'll 'appen? ;)

With so many Navy and USAF units that were done by aftermarket decal makers how can a whiff not happen? :analintruder:

I'd like to add my "thumbs up" on this baby! Gorgeous! As for Dynavector kits, they're getting as rare as hen-teeth now, so if you come across one - snap it up!!

And Mike, If you DO want another Skyshark, let me know ASAP....they're still listed at the big "H", but won't be for long.....

Looks very good Mike. The pics don't really do it justice having seen it in the flesh. Nor do they relay the size of the thing. It 's a big beast.

Nige.

Thanks folks... I got a REAL buzz out of finishing it, and your comments made it all the more worthwhile :D

(don't stop! :crying: )

Well if you crack on and finish that Sea Hawk (or the Valiant :P ) we'll tell you how wonderfull you are all over again. :wub: Alright?

Well if you crack on and finish that Sea Hawk (or the Valiant :P ) we'll tell you how wonderfull you are all over again. :wub: Alright?

You've got a deal ;)