Mitsubishi F-1 (Hasegawa 1:48) Now with paint and decals!! :)

AnonymousER99

OK everyone as promised here are a few pics of my build. I am concentrating on the cockpit right now and as can be seen, I am not too far along. I have the Aconcagua seat base painted and as you can see, I had to take a LOT off the bottom sides to allow it to fit in the Hasegawa fuselage. The seat looks nice in bare resin but once painted its really not that good. It suffers from soft detail, especially on the cushion and lap belts. The pin bag on the right side of the seat is OK but it is also a bit misshapen. The tub itself is base painted with ho switchology painted yet. I have added the Eduard PE kick plates to the sides of the consoles. On the port fuselage half you can see some gizmology being started as I want to busy up the sidewalls a bit. The F-1 pit is fairly basic on the real thing so I dont want to go overboard here. I have painted up the instrument panel as well.

As you can see I also assembled the fuel tank bodies and wheels. Not much yet but once I get the office finished it should fly right along.

Sorry for the pic quality, I literally shot them in 5 mins before leaving for work.

Mike

F-1buildshots001.jpg

F-1buildshots006.jpg

F-1buildshots002.jpg

F-1buildshots007.jpg

F-1buildshots003.jpg

F-1buildshots004.jpg

F-1buildshots008.jpg

F-1buildshots009.jpg

Wow look at all that resin, must be one hell of a conversion Mike :analintruder: .

rich

:lol: Those are all the 2MR parts that you're about to order Rich... he's getting them ready for you ;)

Looking good there Bro! ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

OK well I have made a bit more progress. The cockpit is finished and the fuselage assembled. As you can see in a couple of the pics, the fit is generally good but not great. The seat is still being detailed and weathered as it will basically be the only thing really visible once the lid is put on. The fit of the rear deck is really good except the one spot you can see a gap. The underside of the nose is a bit fiddly but once I get some Mister Dissolved putty in there, it will be fine. I am REALLY impressed with the fit of the rear underfuselage part behind the wheel wells. Nearly perfect.

Anyway on with the pics. Nothing spectacular to show but progress nonetheless.

F-1buildshots2001.jpg

F-1buildshots2002.jpg

F-1buildshots2003.jpg

F-1buildshots2004.jpg

F-1buildshots2006.jpg

F-1buildshots2007.jpg

F-1buildshots2009.jpg

Need to add some detail in the sparse wheel wells....thats next!!

F-1buildshots2010.jpg

The wing test fit show NO fit issues whatsoever!

F-1buildshots2011.jpg

Coming along nicely Mike! I particularly like that cockpit and instrument panel, lovely work on those!

Such bare u/c bays for what looks like a nicely detailed kit on the outside :fraidnot:

Karl.

Yeah those UC bays are terrible but nothing a bit of styrenes, wire and PE cant take care of.

Thats tonights bit to do.

Mike

Racing ahead there Mike, looking good.

Just need to get my A**e in gear now.

I know nothing about the a/c you are doing, but it looks as if behind the cockpit is an outline of another. Is the single seat just a modified two seater?

rich

Thanks Rich

The Mitsubishi F-1 (Jaguar look alike) is basically a single seat version of its older trainer sister the Mitsubishi T-2. The rear canopy has been retained but bolted closed and painted over. I am not 100% sure if its been turned into a fuel cell or an avionics bay. Maybe someone else knows more.

Sort of gives it a hump back look doesnt it??

Mike

I kind of like that hump-back look... very Manga. :)

It's so like a Jag as to be frightening. I'm looking forward to having one of each side by side on my mythical display cabinet some day :hmmm:

I kind of like that hump-back look... very Manga. :)

It's so like a Jag as to be frightening. I'm looking forward to having one of each side by side on my mythical display cabinet some day :hmmm:

Hey me too!! I have a Jag about 10% done from the Jag GB to finish someday........someday :shithappens:

• 2 weeks later...

Got a lot done last night!! Fuselage is all buttooned up, wings on (well mostly), intakes installed which BTW are by far the weakest part of this kit so far. Hasegawa have you install the vents on top and bottom seperately and the fit is well crap!! The intakes also fit quite badly on the bottom side. I also installed a bit of Eduard PE on the cockpit rail as well as in the forward MLG bays. The PE in the gear bays was a waste of time as the gear doors are closed when the aircraft is not cycling its gear. I assume that the reason for the barren wells provided by Hasegawa.

So with any luck, I will get the seams cleaned up, the model primed and hopefully get to painting before the end of the weekend. I am using Gunze Laquers on this one so I am pretty excited!!

Also, not the F-16 egg plane in the pics. This is my lovely wife Mandys first model and she is having a lot of fun so far. This weekend she will learn to wield an airbrush for the first time too!!

Sorry for the pic quality. Camera setting messed up and photo software acting up or actually not working at all!! These are unedited.

MitsubishiF-1pics017.jpg

MitsubishiF-1pics016.jpg

MitsubishiF-1pics015.jpg

MitsubishiF-1pics013.jpg

MitsubishiF-1pics012.jpg

MitsubishiF-1pics011.jpg

MitsubishiF-1pics010.jpg

MitsubishiF-1pics018.jpg

MitsubishiF-1pics014.jpg

Thanks for looking. Comments and critiques always welcome!! :analintruder:

Nice lawn dart Mandy

Never seen the F-16 egg plane before, it's so cute :bounce: . In fact on reflection I think it's better looking than the real thing :door: .

Glad to see you're not much further on than me Mike. That pit looks B****Y good now she's buttoned up :guitar: .

rich

Edited by richc