Filler Phantom

fatalbert

Hiya guys,here is my Airfix phantom so far.as you can see it is a bit basic.I have added a bit of detail to it,plastic card cockpit,brass pitot tube,plastic card wing bulges and nose intakes.This is an on going long term project,its a bit of a labour of love for me and a challenge.hope you like it...Neil

Models8.jpg

Models10.jpg

Models7.jpg

Models6.jpg

Models1.jpg

Brings out some memories! I have one of these kits bougth in the mideval age, but I never built it since it quickly became outdated by other kits (read: Hasegawa and Itaeleri). But it's been a good source for conversion parts for other projects. However I distinctly remember that the solid outer wing on one side was very much thicker than on the other! :S

Aaah, the hard-wing (pre-slat mod) E model. Looking good! :thumbsup:

Always felt the slat mod we got in the mid 1970s was over-rated! Add 1500 pounds of hardware, with extra hydraulic lines, actuator knuckles and a reinforcing strap across the belly. Plus all the boundary layer control plumbing was left in the leading & trailing edges of the wing! Yet no extra thrusties from the J79 -17s. One good bat turn and your airspeed went into the tank. Oh, well. We weren't a good dogfighter either. :whistle: