Airfix 1/72 TSR.2

ReccePhreak

I finally managed to snag an Airfix TSR-2, and I will only be adding a few aftermarket items: the Eduard color Zoom PE set and resin seats. Which seats are the best, the Czech Master or the Pavla? I tried to do a search, but wasn't very successful.

Larry

I finally managed to snag an Airfix TSR-2, and I will only be adding a few aftermarket items: the Eduard color Zoom PE set and resin seats. Which seats are the best, the Czech Master or the Pavla? I tried to do a search, but wasn't very successful.

Larry

I used the CMK set, the cockpit and seats are superbly moulded in my opinon.

finishedpit3.jpg

Thanks for that info. I will probably just use the seats, not the whole cockpit set.

Larry

Actually the replacement cockpit is the way to go as the kit has raised boxes for the kit seats to plug into which need to be removed to to fit replacement seats, which is not an easy job in a cockpit tub !.

G

I would also recommend substituting the whole cockpit tub since any of the resin ones - Pavla or CMK - is a vast improvment of the kit part which bears just a passing reseblance of the original (I've sat in it at Duxford!). Let's face it; the cockpit(s) is(are) the main focal point of an aircraft model so it's worth some effort! And as Geoff said, it is a lot more work to fit two resin seats in the Airdix tub, than to fit a complete resin tub inside the Airfix fuselage.

Personally I'm using the Pavla pit since I bought it before the release of the CMK version. However I find the difference between the two marginal.

Edited by Sten Ekedahl