1/48th Fine Molds Curtiss R3C (Donald Curtiss)

G'day all, well I've finnished the wee beastie! Not quite sure if it should be posted here but it is armed :unsure:

Anyways on with it!

I thoroughly enjoyed building this kit it went together as neat as a pin. No vices as far as I am concerned. The only dramas I had during the build were caused by my own stupidity, impatience or lack of judgement. It should have yellow bottoms to the floats which I have omitted.They were supplied in the kit as decals but I simply could not get them to look right so I removed them. I suppose I could have painted the bottom of the floats but to my eye they look fine.

I hope you enjoy looking at the pics of this as it is slightly different than the norm, It was definately a good distraction for me.

Thanks and I'll catch you all up soon.

Cheers

Jim

:D

R3CFin007.jpg

R3CFin006.jpg

R3CFin008.jpg

R3CFin017.jpg

R3CFin026.jpg

R3CFin019.jpg

Very nice Jim, and very shiny! Do you get a Donald Curtiss figure from Porco Rosso included with the kit? I think figures are included in the Savoia S.21 Kit.

Paul Harrison

Thanks very much for the thumbs up, much appreciated. :D Glad you all like it.

Turnerdad no secrets with the finnish mate, trusty old humbrol gloss enamels for the lot except the spinner which is matt humbrol. I did however buff her out a bit with some Tamiya polish, the finest grade stuff. I applied it sparingly over the whole airframe with a cotton bud (Q tip?) and buffed it out using a thin long strip of pure wool cut from some old clothing. (Wool is fair dinkum the best thing for polishing with :thumbsup2: ) Sat the little bird on my lap and drew it back and forth (like you'd polish the toe of your boot). Works a treat, you just need to be careful, not too heavy handed.

Paul, you do indeed get a figurine with the kit. I'll take it to my next club meet and ask the figure painting experts how to approach this yet unexplored side of my hobby. I'm no figure painter! :blink:

Once again folks, thanks for your interest and compliments, I'm chuffed. B)

Cheers. Jim :drink:

It looks great but what was it's purpose.A seagoing fighter or a Schneider contestant with a unique way of getting to the front. :mg::goodjob:

It looks great but what was it's purpose.A seagoing fighter or a Schneider contestant with a unique way of getting to the front. :mg::goodjob:

Here's the Wiki entry for the Anime movie. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porco_Rosso

Paul Harrison