1/100 ? Russian Helicopter- ID Sought

wkennerley

Hi Guys

I recently purchased a box of model parts to bulk up my spares box. Enclosed was this rather unusual Russian helicopter, which I may try to restore (a fair no of parts appear to be missing though) - Anyway what on earth is it please

Thanks

Wayne

DSCF2261.jpg

DSCF2262.jpg

Edited by wkennerley

I believe its a civilian version of the Yak-24

I actually built this kit many years ago myself, though not sure how I got hold of it as its 1/100 IIRC; not my usual scale :confused:

• 3 months later...
Hi Guys

I recently purchased a box of model parts to bulk up my spares box. Enclosed was this rather unusual Russian helicopter, which I may try to restore (a fair no of parts appear to be missing though) - Anyway what on earth is it please

Thanks

Wayne

DSCF2261.jpg

DSCF2262.jpg

Hi

It is probably a VEB 1:100 Jak-24, the original being circa 1954.

Regards

Neil

• 3 years later...

This kit was also available from cheapo shops (pre pound shop) in the 1980s sold under the label of Nu-Bee. You could also get the really big Russian helicopter. Then the kits were selling for 50p each. I made one with a friend in an afternoon with superglue bought from the same shop. They also sold cider which we imbibed whilst amusing ourselves with the kit. I think I can still remember the hangover !!

You're lucky you didn't get stuck to it Adrian, Cider and super glue aren't a great mix! :lol:

Paul Harrison

Edited by GreenDragon