1/72 Italeri KV-1

Mandrake

Okay don't know if anyone else besides myself and Daz is going to care but Italeri just released a 1/72 KV-1!!!

IT7049.JPG

Only heard it was due for release last week and it doesn't even get a mention on the Italeri site. It looks like a new tooling (unlikely to be PST or one of the new Trumpeter kits) and includes two figures but not a wargaming quickie! Not seen any previews of it online yet though, nor any discussion for that matter!

Certainly going to get myself one but also hoping that Italeri continue the KV series like they did with their JS/IS series (JS-2,ISU-152,ISU-122), hopefully a KV-2 is next? Failing that I wonder how compatable they are with the PST KV series?

IT7049_1.JPG

I hate to bust your bubble, but I'm betting thats a re-release of the ESCI kit, I remember building it when I was a kid.

"KV-1c: Excellent kit. Surface detail is one of ESCI's best. Represents mid-series KV-1 with cast metal turret, and early-style rear hull." ( from www.ontheway.org.uk )

Thanks for the info guys, it would appear on closer inspection that your right it is the Esci kit. I should of been suspicious it is Italeri after all but I wasn't even aware Esci ever did a 1/72 kv-1, certainly don't see many about! However it does appear a nice moulding, albeit with vinyl tracks so might have to pick one up still.

Comparison between PST and Esci kits in Russian but with a few sprue shots of both:

http://www.smallafv.nn.ru/inbox/comp_KV1C.html

Yep, the ex-ESCI Matilda II came out a few months ago.

Pretty sure it was about two years ago rather than just couple of months!

It is good to see these old moulds been released again though, many still hold their own against more modern mould or are the only option! I wonder what they will rebox next? Wouldn't mind seeing the Bishop!

Just an FYI, since we're going on about Italeri's re-releases of ESCI kits; two of the most exciting reissues will be the Italian Carro Armato M-13/40, and Semovente 75/18 M40-M41. These kits were never reissued in any of ESCI's cross-branding exercises with ERTL, Aurora, etc. so they are among the most sought after 'collectors' kits. Also, since they were never reissued, they only exist with the vinyl 'soft' tracks. Since then many other ESCI kits have been issued with link-and-length 'hard' tracks in IM styrene. If you would prefer hard tracks for the new kit, there is a set of injection moulded tracks from UM in Ukraine for the WWII Russian T-26 series of light tanks. From what I've read online, these would be passable for any vehicle that runs on the Vickers 'Six-tonner' type suspension. http://www.squadron.com/ItemDetails.asp?item=UM0401

Just an FYI, since we're going on about Italeri's re-releases of ESCI kits; two of the most exciting reissues will be the Italian Carro Armato M-13/40, and Semovente 75/18 M40-M41. These kits were never reissued in any of ESCI's cross-branding exercises with ERTL, Aurora, etc. so they are among the most sought after 'collectors' kits. Also, since they were never reissued, they only exist with the vinyl 'soft' tracks. Since then many other ESCI kits have been issued with link-and-length 'hard' tracks in IM styrene. If you would prefer hard tracks for the new kit, there is a set of injection moulded tracks from UM in Ukraine for the WWII Russian T-26 series of light tanks. From what I've read online, these would be passable for any vehicle that runs on the Vickers 'Six-tonner' type suspension. http://www.squadron.com/ItemDetails.asp?item=UM0401

Wow, didn't realise they were so rare. The Fiat Ansaldo/Semovente 75/18 was produced as an ESCI/Polistil kit. I've got the 1978 ESCI catalogue here and the 75/18 also features in the El Alamein (No.2003) and Salerno diorama set (No.2011), while the M-13/40 was in the Sicily pack (No.2005). I take it these sets were produced?

The one I'm after is the 35T Skoda, that is just such a funky looking AFV.

Edited by Jonathan Mock