BAe Hawks

Andy Mullen

As always Andy, very extraordinary work.....truly masterful. Andy 'ave you ever considered how many kits you've 'elped the kit makers sell. One look at one of your illustrations and a bloke wants to run out and purchase if possible a kit with which 'e can do a copy of your latest offering. I say ol' bean I think you're due a commission , at the least a very gracious enormous tip.

Angels49 said:
Andy 'ave you ever considered how many kits you've 'elped the kit makers sell. One look at one of your illustrations and a bloke wants to run out and purchase if possible a kit with which 'e can do a copy of your latest offering.

Dont know about others...but

th_Stash2009_08_27_001.jpg

latest additions - last 2 remaining schemes in the #03073 boxing

BAe_Hawk_BAE_ZK010_001.jpg

BAe_Hawk_IAF_A3488.jpg

Heres one from the On Target Profiles #3 book. I don't have the decals, but I really liked the scheme, as according to said book, this aircraft touring USA resulted in the T-45.

BAe_Hawk_BA_ZA101_001.jpg

Edited by Andy Mullen
updated image links

BAe_Hawk_BA_ZA101_001.jpg

:wub::wub:

Bae_Hawk_ETPS_XX342_001.jpg

Love this one too. Are you gonna do XX343 - the ASTRA aircraft - too? It's the slightly later ripple scheme plastered with big text. Interesting one to model as well as it has MFDs in the front cockpit and traditional instruments (+ test instrumentation?) in the rear.

BTW, for the benefit of the Hawk Profiles Pedants' Society I think all 3 ETPS a/c have instrumented pitots.

Cheers,

Kirk

Are you gonna do XX343 - the ASTRA aircraft - too?

I will be eventually, I am just getting the schemes I will possibly be building and have decals for, drawn up first. I plan to draw up the remaining Demonstrator schemes also.

For now the last of the decal profiles is done.

Bae_Hawk_RAF208_XX307_001.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

andy thats spot on, i spent a while talking with tom saunders at the airshow he's a top bloke and deserves the breaks he's been given, id put money on that he will be in the reds in the next couple of years

• 5 months later...

Here are two new profiles for the latest Airfix 1/72 Boxing #A03085

Option #1:- RAF 100 XX289 (2009 RAF Leeming)

spacer.png

Options #2-8:- Midnight Hawks 2000 Season (2000 Finnish Air Force Academy, Kauhava AB, Finland)

spacer.png

Edited by Andy Mullen
updated image links

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...