BAe Hawks

Andy Mullen

Fantastic Andy, this must be the definitive work on Hawk colours and insignia.

I'm working on a Red Arrows painting at the moment, although I think I've got it right can you confirm the colours etc. are still the same as they were 2008? Cheers mate.

Terry

Fantastic Andy, this must be the definitive work on Hawk colours and insignia.

I'm working on a Red Arrows painting at the moment, although I think I've got it right can you confirm the colours etc. are still the same as they were 2008? Cheers mate.

Terry

Thanks Terry

After checking out the photos in the following link >> Red Arrows Press Images <<, I would say they seem to be wearing the same scheme as the 2008 scheme.

Andy

Thanks for the link Phil, I have found a lot of useful photos and info on there. Kirk, after looking at the photos, the names will be so small on the profiles, that for now I will just add names I can glean from them. :cheers:

I generally start off by generating the original line art in AutoCAD (trained as a CAD man on leaving the Army), and then transferred to Photoshop, via Illustrator, for "colouring in" :)

Heres a post on the early version of how I create my profiles >> linky <<

Very nices pictures :thumbsup: cool

• 2 weeks later...

After finding an old article in Scale Aircraft Modelling (Dec 2004) on "RAF Aerobatic Teams from 1960 to present", I went on a Red Arrows profile fest.

In Chronological order

BAe_Hawk_RA_XX304_001.jpg

Notes: No Names found for this jet, Royal Air Force in Black, and CFS Crest on both sides of jet

BAe_Hawk_RA_XX252_001.jpg

Notes: Pilot name added (Flt Lt A D E Evans), Royal Air Force now in Roundel Blue, Red Arrows badge on Left hand side, CFS Crest on Right hand side.

The "1918-1998" text is the best I can do as I could only find 3 lo-res photos for Reference.

BAe_Hawk_RA_XX237_001.jpg

Notes: Pilot name added (Flt Lt J D Provost)

These two were redone (see page 1 of this post for the first versions)

BAe_Hawk_RA_XX307_002.jpg

Notes: Not yet found Pilot name for this jet, so marked up with FLT LT X X XXXXX instead

BAe_Hawk_RA_XX266_002.jpg

Notes: Not yet found Pilot name for this jet, so marked up with FLT LT X X XXXXX instead

So far I have only managed to match up the full teams with serials for the 2011 and 2000 teams.

If anyone has jet serials linked to a particular Red I would be most grateful.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Some of my latest profiles for the latest of my decal purchases

From Leading Edge LE72.64/LE48.64 (both in 1/72 and 1/48)

BAe_Hawk_NFTC_155218_001.jpg

From the Model Alliance sheet MA72115 (1/72)

Bae_Hawk_ADAF_FTS_1017_001.jpg

BAe_Hawk_RAFO_No6_101_001.jpg

Bae_Hawk_RSAF21_2118_001.jpg

Hi Andy, love the Saudi Hawk. Check out my Saudi Hawk No 7 in ready for inspection.

Jim

Edited by Jim Saudi

• 4 months later...

stunning profiles, be amazing to see a lineup in all the schemes at Telford sometime. Heres hoping you add to your neat 'Midnight Hawk' artwork with an example in the current grey scheme with underwing smoke pods, and possibly others in the original 'high vis' wavy lower demarcation scheme as well as the ex Swiss examples (the first being pretty much the same as recieved with finnish roundels applied over the Swiss markings)

If you wanted iv lots of detail piccies showing colours and markings which might be of use

again brilliant profiling, cheers, Joe