TAMIYA JGSDF ARMOURED VEHICLE

Guest snipersmudge

Guest snipersmudge
Nice modelling , but I would like to offer that the "sink marks" are actually ejector pin marks, sorry for being fussy and extremely jealous :confused:

There's always one eh? he he! thanks for your kind works everyone.

The build has been moving along slowly mainly due to my network connections playing up so spare time was eaten up sorting out the problem. Also I've been scratching my head trying to work out how the hell I was going to weather the beast. Very difficult with all those open doors. The solution will be to mask the glass areas in the doors and windscreens and using silly putty attach the doors for weathering. Anyway enough of my waffle here are some pics

DSCF0013.jpg

DSCF0014.jpg

DSCF0015.jpg

DSCF0016.jpg

DSCF0017.jpg

DSCF0018.jpg

cheers

Pete

This is nice Smudgy old sport. Tamiya do have sink mark problems from time to time. Ask Mental about his F-16... moan? Did he ever moan about the sink marks on that one! :lol:

Can I get a real one of these to go skirmishing in? :wicked:

Guest snipersmudge

yes mike I'd definitely like a spin in one. well more done last night and today, chassis and bodywork joined and the start of the weathering. it's had one filter added of a grey colour and then I've sprayed heavily thinned tamiya colours on the lower part of the model and let it creep up. I've then added some of the base colour to represent scuffs and wear in the dust build up

weather1.jpg

weather2.jpg

weather3.jpg

weather5.jpg

weather4.jpg

weather6.jpg

Enjoy

Pete

Guest snipersmudge

Hi all well i'm going to call this one finshed here's a couple of pics more pics in the parade ground thread

73.jpg

75.jpg

cheers

pete