TAMIYA JGSDF ARMOURED VEHICLE

Guest snipersmudge

Guest snipersmudge

well I have made a small start today filling sink holes. The lower chassis in this kit is actually cast in metal

S8001922.jpg

S8001923.jpg

lots more sink holes to fill especially on the insides of ALL the doors

Pete

• 4 weeks later...
Guest snipersmudge

Hi all I've actually got some more done on this one after a quite hectic time at home lately. The sink holes on this kit are very annoying especially on the inside of the doors. I have yet to use the voyager etched set but will be getting stuck into that soon

S8001940.jpg

S8001941.jpg

S8001942.jpg

S8001943.jpg

next up will be sorting the interior out and painting it

Cheers

Pete

Guest snipersmudge

After tackling all those sink holes I've cracked on with the doors today adding the new handles etc from the etched set

S8001944.jpg

also added the hydraulic dampers for the windows using plastic rod and etch

S8001945.jpg

Started to get into this kit, it's taken some time but I can see what the finished item will look like.

cheers

pete

Guest snipersmudge

cheers guys, yes the sink holes are a total pain and there are loads more I have to deal with, anyway been cracking on with the etched......

S8001946.jpg

S8001947.jpg

Added the handles from brass rod as they are missing in the kit,

S8001948.jpg

S8001949.jpg

S8001950.jpg

S8001951.jpg

not much more to add really to the exterior. Most of the bits will be finished in sub assemblies for painting and brought together before weathering

cheers

Pete

Edited by snipersmudge

Guest snipersmudge

Hi all here is a further update, construction is now complete and the model is in it's various sub assemblies. I replaced the molded detail around the side indicators and used fine brass wire for the guards. The voyager front light guards would not fit correctly and where also flat in profile so once again out came the wire and new ones where made using the voyager ones as a pattern. The seat belt assemblies inside the body are made from tamiya tape and plastic card.

The model is now going for a bath in preparation for an undercoat

S8001954.jpg

S8001955.jpg

S8001956.jpg

S8001957.jpg

S8001958.jpg

cheers

Pete

Guest snipersmudge

Well today I managed to get the bones of the model primed and painted. for the main colour I used Tamiya XF 74 olive drab JGSDF and for the interior colour I mixed up a custom sky colour. The seats are painted in NATO black. I've just got to paint all the little bits and pieces next then give it a good coat of klear.

The sharp eyed among you will notice that I have had to remove the rear seatbelt bottom mounts. This is because they where fowling the body so I will re-position then on the rear wheel arch once the bodywork is fixed on.

S8001960.jpg

S8001961.jpg

S8001962.jpg

S8001963.jpg

S8001964.jpg

S8001965.jpg

Pete

Guest snipersmudge

couple of pics for you, dashboard and fire extinguisher painted and waiting for decals. today I will be spraying the klear on the model ready for decals

S8001966.jpg

S8001967.jpg

Pete