Dunsfold Airshow Part1

F-32

So, Sunday dawned wet and cold with low cloud......................great! I was already highly p!ssed off because XH558 was unable to attend (although I'd like to stress that my annoyance wasn't directed at '558 or any of the Vulcan team) and the addition of the :shit: weather was almost too much.

I dragged my sorry bottom out of bed mumbling something about 'bloomin advanced tickets, why did I bother etc' and went off in a foul mood to pick up my father in law.

Upon arrival at the airfield the weather had worsened and the long jam to get to the car park only served to increase my frustration but I decided to take a :chillpill: as I spotted the beer tent.........................but being 9.30 in the morning I thought I'd wait a bit.

Had a stroll round and took a few snaps, was a bit miffed that the Sea Hawk and Sea Harrier that are resident were so tightly barriered that you couldn't get a shot but decided this was about par for the course. The morning fly in didn't happen due to the weather and so I pretty much decided the day was a wash out and went to the beer tent.

But then a miracle happened, half way through the first pint the rain stopped and in the course of 2 minutes the cloud had completely disappeared leaving lovely blue sky and warm conditions......................begin the photo's and the (overdue) arrivals, maybe it was going to be a good day after all :)

A recent Georgia vet? No, just an old warrior out to grass

IMG_2384.gif

Guess the Lynx has no onboard toilet facilities!

IMG_2402.gif

The crazy Dutch gave a good account of themselves

IMG_2812.gif

An old regular, but always very welcome

IMG_2414.gif

It was at this point that the guy next to me muttered the immortal line "I love the Spitfire"..................didn't have the heart to tell him

IMG_2822.gif

IMG_2823.gif

RNHF kindly came along with their beautiful Sea Hawk - more of which later!

Sea-Hawk.gif

IMG_2807.gif

Thus ends part 1

RNHF kindly came along with their beautiful Sea Hawk - more of which later!

Sea-Hawk.gif

IMG_2807.gif

Excellent photos and these two, well shes a beauty isnt she? :wub:

Thanks for sharing

Bex

I knew you'd like those one's Bex - I've taken some more for you which I'll post in a bit - let me know if you want the high res copies, I'll email them over :)

I knew you'd like those one's Bex - I've taken some more for you which I'll post in a bit - let me know if you want the high res copies, I'll email them over :)

:yikes: Im getting predictable :lol: Thanks F-32, they'd be well received :thumbsup2: PM inbound :worthy:

Bex

Now I don't know what everyone else thinks, but I saw these guys for the first time at Farnborough and was mightily impressed - not surprising really as they are all ex-Reds!

As you can see, there was still a bit of standing water left

IMG_2386.gif

But they pressed on anyway

IMG_2449.gif

Nicely in formation as ever, they used all the height available - not that much considering the Gatwick air corridor is directly over head!

IMG_2450.gif

Pretty slick

IMG_2490.gif

Wonder if you can do that in a Hawk.........

IMG_2509.gif

Ladies and gentlemen I'd like to remind you that for your safety this is a non smoking flight

IMG_2423.gif

Anyone caught smoking will be.........................chucked out the back of the aircraft

IMG_2424.gif

The cabin crew will now demonstrate this

IMG_2425.gif

IMG_2664.gif

IMG_2660.gif

IMG_2650.gif

IMG_2446.gif

IMG_2437.gif

IMG_2409.gif

IMG_2407.gif

The Reds couldn't make it in at first due to the weather, but after a quick stop over and refuel at Farnborough they made it!

They're behind you!

IMG_2667.gif

Smoke on......................GO!

IMG_2672.gif

I can see the pub from here!

IMG_2673.gif

IMG_2675.gif

IMG_2693.gif

IMG_2707.gif

IMG_2773.gif

Untitled-2.gif

Spot the odd one out

IMG_2769.gif

IMG_2785.gif

IMG_2728.gif

Edited by F-32

More stunning pic's, love the Synchro pair cross over pic, haven't seen the Reds for a couple of years now, very jealous!!

Eng

It was the best Reds performance I've ever seen.....................and considering that this is my 20th season that's saying something!

NOT a Guinot wing walker!

IMG_2840.gif

Look mum, no hands!

IMG_2922.gif

Look mum, one leg!

IMG_2923.gif

Look mum................NO SAFETY BELT!

IMG_2925.gif

Thats what you call talent

IMG_2930.gif

Her friends not bad either :wub:

IMG_2931.gif

Ah, Team Guinot. I remember the Crunchie Flying Circus, who used to pass out Crunchie bars to the crowds, many moons ago.

As for the talent, their website identifies the blonde as Lorraine Sadler and the brunette as either Danielle Hughes or Sarah Tanner (they look almost identical to me).

Their website, www.aerosuperbatics.com is unintentionally hilarious as it identifies each member of the team's favourite Guinot product - can you imagine asking an ex-Red Arrows pilot what his favourite cosmetic is? Can you imagine him trying to keep a straight face when he says "Facial Cleansing Foam"?!

Nice photos in all the 5 threads, by the way,

Dean

Both the single and two seater were there although it was the two seater who did the display

IMG_2988.gif

IMG_2841.gif

The reason being that they were running a raffle, first prize was a trip in the back seat during the display......................it wasn't claimed :mental:

The US exchange office doing the commentary was quite good and even apologised after the take off immediately turned everyone under the age of 5 into a screaming wreck!

IMG_2843.gif

Typhoon1.gif

IMG_2877.gif

IMG_2890.gif

At the end of the show they both RTB'd with the two seater staying low and fast and the single seater doing this.............

IMG_2990.gif

Typhoon2.gif

Edited by F-32

• 2 weeks later...