model shops in Stirling or Perth - any suggestions

Jon Kunac-Tabinor

Hi all on holiday just north of Glasgow - I know of Jamiesons n Glasgow - but we are going to Perth via Stirling for the day - anything to tempt the modeller?

Cheers

Jonners

F****ll in perth mate!!

Stirling, I don't know about, but In Perth all we have is Millar's Models on Mill Street - a few nice Revell bits and bobs (1/72 type VIIC U boat :)) but other than that it's mainly warhammer.

It's really annoying cos we used to have a T4 toys which was actually pretty good for paints and supplies, but it kicked the bucket years ago.

Stuart

I don't know the "small shop in Dunfermline" but as far as I know...

1) As mentioned - "Jamiesons" in Glasgow. A true model shop. :worthy:

2) "Wonderland Models" in Edinburgh. I was there once about twenty years ago. I have no idea what it is like now but the website seems quite good.

http://www.wonderlandmodels.com/

3) There's also a small model shop in Helensburgh (near Faslane Navy Base) that sells some nice kits. It's more of a hobby shop for Dolls houses and model railways but also sells Styrene, brass rod etc and some other usefull modelling items.

4) A toy shop in Inverness which has a small but nice line in Airfix, Revell and paints. :speak_cool: It's across from the indoor market and the name, very irritatingly, escapes me right now.

5) "The Sports and Hobby Shop" in Dingwall, about ten miles north of Inverness which has a great range of kits and paints (from Airfix and Revell to artists stuff) and a very friendly and superbly helpful staff. :worthy:

The last two are quite some distance (about 180 miles one way) from "just north of Glasgow" and these are the only ones I know off.

I know that most of these are a long way from Stirling and Perth but...

Edited by Murdo