Another Jaguar - a Raspberry ripple T2 in 1/48th

Another group build deadline failure!!! Along with the GR1 being built (In Critique Section) I'm currently converting the Airfix Jag to a T2 using Neil's wonderful Paragon conversion set. I may have posted some earlier pic's on here but I thought I'd bring it right up to date with progress....

Here's the T2 ready for some paint...

100_7809.jpg

I used Halfords White primer overall and then used Halfords Appliance White on the areas that would remain white..

100_7814.jpg

Tamiya Masking tape applied...

100_7815.jpg

I used Citadel Blood Red for the "Signal Red" - a fantastic match!!!

100_7818.jpg

With The masking off I could see how good. or bad the paint job was

100_7819.jpg

I re-masked added the "Oxford Blue" - a Revell Aqua colour

On removing the maasking it was apparent that some blue had bled onto the red - which was a pain!! I'll spray some white decal sheet in red and apply over these areas.!

100_7827.jpg

Not a great pic -= but it shows the blue applied to the lower surfaces - it looks abit patchy here - which isn't so apparent on the model - I may have to apply another coat!!

100_7830.jpg

Of note: I started painting this model before tea time - the wonders of Acrylic paint!!!!

I haven't applied the inner pair of flaps yet - this was due to the faily complicated paint job - easier to mask and add them later

When she's finished I hope that she looks a little bit like this......

ZB615

Edited by Bill Clark

Looks mighty good to my tired eyes Bill :) Oh the joys of waking up at 2am coughing your lungs out! :analintruder:

I particularly like those resin replacement intakes there, which, I believe are still available here. :innocent:

Thanks for all of your kind words!!

Update time...you'll see from the previous posts that I managed to cock up the paint - with the blue seeping under the masking tape. I attempted a fix by applying rred decal stripes to the affected areas - but that didn't work..Soooooo....

...cleaned up the offending areas by removing the paint - and painted the bugger again!! It was well worth it!!!

For reference the paints used were: Signal Red - Citadel Blood Red, White - Revell Aqua Gloss white and for the Oxford Blue - Tamiya's Royal Blue - a pretty good match!

So following a few coats of Johnson's and on to the decalling! Spent the best part of three hours today decalling - so have taken a well deserved break - as my eyes were turning inside out!!! I'll continue decalling the T2 and my GR1 this evening - ..and then make a start on the undercarriage...

Had hoped to have her finished by the weekend - but that ain't very likely!!!!

100_7853.jpg

100_7856.jpg

100_7859.jpg

100_7860.jpg

I started detailling these buggers at 0900 this morning - and its now 16:10 (I did stop for lunch though!!!) and I've had enough! They're gonna have to do (especially bearing in mind I need to do ANOTHER set for my GR1!!). Why? WHY?????

I'll slap some paint on tonight and see how well they fit - I'll add the wheels (Paragon of course!!) when I'm certain that the nose gear and bogies on the main gear legs align....

100_7887.jpg

Very nice Bill, good masking work and the undercarriage detailing ain't half bad either :)

Cheers John - they'll do, not as tidy as I'd wished - been studying a few pic's of other builds on here(!) and Neil's on ARC - how do you all manage to do it so neatly?