This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

AnonymousAA72

Another Jaguar - a Raspberry ripple T2 in 1/48th

Another group build deadline failure!!! Along with the GR1 being built (In Critique Section) I'm currently converting the Airfix Jag to a T2 using Neil's wonderful Paragon conversion set. I may have posted some earlier pic's on here but I thought I'd bring it right up to date with progress....

Here's the T2 ready for some paint...

100_7809.jpg

I used Halfords White primer overall and then used Halfords Appliance White on the areas that would remain white..

100_7814.jpg

Tamiya Masking tape applied...

100_7815.jpg

I used Citadel Blood Red for the "Signal Red" - a fantastic match!!!

100_7818.jpg

With The masking off I could see how good. or bad the paint job was

100_7819.jpg

I re-masked added the "Oxford Blue" - a Revell Aqua colour

On removing the maasking it was apparent that some blue had bled onto the red - which was a pain!! I'll spray some white decal sheet in red and apply over these areas.!

100_7827.jpg

Not a great pic -= but it shows the blue applied to the lower surfaces - it looks abit patchy here - which isn't so apparent on the model - I may have to apply another coat!!

100_7830.jpg

Of note: I started painting this model before tea time - the wonders of Acrylic paint!!!!

I haven't applied the inner pair of flaps yet - this was due to the faily complicated paint job - easier to mask and add them later

When she's finished I hope that she looks a little bit like this......

ZB615

Edited by Bill Clark

Looks mighty good to my tired eyes Bill :) Oh the joys of waking up at 2am coughing your lungs out! :analintruder:

I particularly like those resin replacement intakes there, which, I believe are still available here. :innocent:

Just got a couple Jag kits from Antics, then picked up the T2 conversion for one of them, looks great, anything to watch out for?

Great build and a cool scheme, will be watching...

Looking good Bill,

Shame about the paint bleed, I'm sure the decals will make it all sharp again.

Look forwards to seeing this one finshed.

Shaun.

Edited by Shaun

OOOH lovely, right up my street; watching this one

Looks beautiful so far Bill, can't wait to see more of this!

Eng

Mmmmm..........raspberry. :)

Lookin' good there Bill. :thumbsup2:

Thanks for all of your kind words!!

Update time...you'll see from the previous posts that I managed to cock up the paint - with the blue seeping under the masking tape. I attempted a fix by applying rred decal stripes to the affected areas - but that didn't work..Soooooo....

...cleaned up the offending areas by removing the paint - and painted the bugger again!! It was well worth it!!!

For reference the paints used were: Signal Red - Citadel Blood Red, White - Revell Aqua Gloss white and for the Oxford Blue - Tamiya's Royal Blue - a pretty good match!

So following a few coats of Johnson's and on to the decalling! Spent the best part of three hours today decalling - so have taken a well deserved break - as my eyes were turning inside out!!! I'll continue decalling the T2 and my GR1 this evening - ..and then make a start on the undercarriage...

Had hoped to have her finished by the weekend - but that ain't very likely!!!!

100_7853.jpg

100_7856.jpg

100_7859.jpg

100_7860.jpg

Lookijng rather spiffing Young Bill :thumbsup2:

Bex

Had hoped to have her finished by the weekend - but that ain't very likely!!!!

haha, know that feeling all too well....

Looking great btw B)

It did go on smooth the second time mate! Get it finished and in the comp!

Really looks the business. Love the ripple coloured aircraft!

It did go on smooth the second time mate! Get it finished and in the comp!

That was the plan!! We'll see........

EDIT: Just a quick thanks to all for your encouraging comments!!! It is appreciated!!!

Edited by Bill Clark

I started detailling these buggers at 0900 this morning - and its now 16:10 (I did stop for lunch though!!!) and I've had enough! They're gonna have to do (especially bearing in mind I need to do ANOTHER set for my GR1!!). Why? WHY?????

I'll slap some paint on tonight and see how well they fit - I'll add the wheels (Paragon of course!!) when I'm certain that the nose gear and bogies on the main gear legs align....

100_7887.jpg

Looking mighty good Bill, love the paint job and those u/c legs are starting to look the jolly old muts nuts matey.

Very nice Bill, good masking work and the undercarriage detailing ain't half bad either :)

Very nice Bill, good masking work and the undercarriage detailing ain't half bad either :)

Cheers John - they'll do, not as tidy as I'd wished - been studying a few pic's of other builds on here(!) and Neil's on ARC - how do you all manage to do it so neatly?