Big Beaus

Hi All,

Here's my 1/32 Beaufighter collection, using the Revell or Lodella kit. The merlin engines came from an I.D. Lancaster that I converted to a Manchester.

img0011-1.jpg

img0012-2.jpg

This one has the yellow under-tail markings used for a time in the desert, I think to avoid confusion with the Ju. 88.

img0003-2.jpg

One of two aircraft converted to PR configuration and used on Malta.

img0010-1.jpg

PICT0104.jpg

img0002-4.jpg

img0000-3.jpg

The photo I have of this last machine shows it in a very tatty state and covered in doped patches, so I copied them.

Regards,

Glenn

:wow:

That is a fantastic collection of one of my all time favourite aircraft :wub: I particularly like the way you have twisted the canopy cover retaining straps on the RAAF one - nice touch. Out of interest, what did you use to make the cockpit and wheel covers?

And also, if they are all 1/32 - where do you display them????????

:wow:

That is a fantastic collection of one of my all time favourite aircraft :wub: I particularly like the way you have twisted the canopy cover retaining straps on the RAAF one - nice touch. Out of interest, what did you use to make the cockpit and wheel covers?

And also, if they are all 1/32 - where do you display them????????

Hi,

The wheel and cockpit covers are made from tea bags and the straps are lead foil. I find that tea bags are much easier to use than tissues for covers as they don't get all soggy and limp when wet.

As I have stated before, my models don't last very long. As soon as they begin to gather dust they are usually reduced to spares. My interest is building and painting the models, not amassing a vast collection.

Regards,

Glenn

Glenn

As I have stated before, my models don't last very long. As soon as they begin to gather dust they are usually reduced to spares. My interest is building and painting the models, not amassing a vast collection.
:o

That is sad. :( May I suggest a couple of alternative options?

1. See if the squadron, or the station, of the aircraft that you build is still current and donate it to them.

2. Donate to an aviation museum. The RAF museum used to have a good display of aircraft models and dioramas (not sure if they still do) as does the Malta Air Museum.

I am sure any reputable aircraft museum would be pleased to display something of this quality.

Oh, and..... Any particular brand of tea bag?

Edited by Roland Pulfrew

:wow: What a collection of Beau's.They are all superb. :goodjob: I wouldn't have the heart to break up one of my models after all the time i have spent on them.Still different strokes and all that. :D

Glenn

:o

That is sad. :( May I suggest a couple of alternative options?

1. See if the squadron, or the station, of the aircraft that you build is still current and donate it to them.

2. Donate to an aviation museum. The RAF museum used to have a good display of aircraft models and dioramas (not sure if they still do) as does the Malta Air Museum.

I am sure any reputable aircraft museum would be pleased to display something of this quality.

Oh, and..... Any particular brand of tea bag?

Hi,

Perhaps I could do some of your options if I lived in the UK, but living in Thailand the options are rather limited as you may imagine.

No particular brand of tea bag.

Glenn

glenn.

you have shed a whole new light on this kit fro me at least.

From my other posts you may know I love NMF a/c with a passion?

So the TT is my fav closely followed by the Aussie green meanie.

Excellent models.

Adrian

Doh!! :doh:

What about HERE then? You never know and it does seem such a shame to waste them.

Hi,

Thanks for that, but the museum only has models of aircraft used by the Thai airforce. I now always photograph my models soon after I have finished them, so when the time comes for their final retirement, I have a photographic record which we all can share.

Regards, Glenn