1/32 scale Buccaneer

MAK

There WAS a kit issued of the Buccaneer in 1/32nd scale by Dynavix - some 10 years ago - some were issued ( only a handful by all accounts) before the chap producing them got into all sorts of trouble with a distributor which gave him all sorts of health problems. It was a good kit - so I'm led to beleive...

Don't think a Gannet was ever produced in that scale though.....

There WAS a kit issued of the Buccaneer in 1/32nd scale by Dynavix - some 10 years ago - some were issued ( only a handful by all accounts) before the chap producing them got into all sorts of trouble with a distributor which gave him all sorts of health problems. It was a good kit - so I'm led to beleive...

Don't think a Gannet was ever produced in that scale though.....

There's pics of an unmade Aerodynamix Buccaneer here:

http://www.skywriters.net/rarebirds.htm

David

Edited by David Womby

i am scratchbuilding one as we speak(or e-mail?),but it is fighting me every step of the way,just about finisher the fusealge ,might get it done this weekend ,then just the tail and wings ,before casting it in resin for final detailing,might get it finished in about 30 years time!!!! will let you know if i ever get it finished!

There's pics of an unmade Aerodynamix Buccaneer here:

http://www.skywriters.net/rarebirds.htm

David

So thats what my £50 odd quid I lost on that kit that never arrived would have looked like, More like 13 years ago (1995'ish that one if memory serves). Got a letter that the guy was ill, and then nothing more!!!

So thats what my £50 odd quid I lost on that kit that never arrived would have looked like, More like 13 years ago (1995'ish that one if memory serves). Got a letter that the guy was ill, and then nothing more!!!

In fact, having just been reminded of the 1-32 Scale Bucc kit from years ago, did a quick google search and found this on the ARC Forum

Edited by bigVern1966

A mate of mine bought the Aerodynamix Bucc yonks and yonks ago. It arrived missing several bits and he asked me to help build it but I baulked at it, way beyond my skills I thought. Can't say I thought much of the fuselage halves - didn't bear much relation to the piccy of a built-up one we'd seen in a magazine. I think he ended up binning it a few years later!

Well, there is a kit manufacture, who seems to be developing a habit of doing 1-32 post war British aircraft, and doing Fleet Air Arm types in smaller scales as well. All we can hope is that Trumpeter get around to mix of both and make a Big Bucc.

Well, there is a kit manufacture, who seems to be developing a habit of doing 1-32 post war British aircraft, and doing Fleet Air Arm types in smaller scales as well. All we can hope is that Trumpeter get around to mix of both and make a Big Bucc.

Amen to that!! And of course the REALLY good news would be that a 1/72nd scale version (mass produced injection moulded - for those with loads of money and have purchased the Czechs Masters kit!!) would most likely appear as well-and we wouldn't be faced with re-building the Airfix Bucc! (though of course we are modellers after all!!!)

INTERWAR???????????????