Jen's Japanese Builds

desmojen

Thankyou Mike :D

Ok, a progress report with pictures!

The F-15 is about painted now I think, after the bit painting session. I still have one upper wing to decal and then the fins and tailplanes will need decalling too. The exhaust shells are made, but I have a load of etched actuators to put onto them before I can paint them.

338673860.jpg

Here's the bad boy the Eagle Eagle will be displayed with, meet Dragon Eagle

338673858.jpg

Made from the Academy kit a few years back (and showing it!) I am going to spruce it up a little, make it a bit shinier and glue the wonky tailplanes back on.

The Mitsi, on the other hand, is now finished :yahoo:

As finished as it's going to be anyway. I discovered that I had thrown out a load of small parts which were still on the sprue, so I'm missing a few aerials and things. As you know, I had a big painting session where I painted the Sidewinders and the multi coloured party misssiles (no idea what they are supposed to be :shrug:)

I glued it all on today, along with the slightly open canopy. I really didn't want it open but the fit was so bad it had to be. I've already snapped it off twice and glued it back on again, typical of this whole build really! :lol:

338673863.jpg

338673865.jpg

338673866.jpg

338673870.jpg

338673872.jpg

So there she is. I'm cautiously happy with some aspects of the build. It started really well, I like what I did with the cockpit, the resin seat is nice (thanks to Mike) and the build itself is up to scratch. I let myself down with the finishing I feel. The initial paintjob went well but it's all gone downhill since then with problem after problem after problem. I'm happy it's done and dusted I can tell you!

On the other hand, it's big, it's colourful and it's different to anything else I've done. I love the lines of the aircraft too, so similar to the Jag, but sleeker and less angular.

Jen.

That's a lovely model Jen, & none of the issues that you had with it show up. It just looks a stunning build!

The paintwork looks really good - & I love the"multi coloured party misssiles" :speak_cool:

Looking forward to seeing the Eagle done now - although the -15 is one of my least favourite aircraft, I have to admit it looks great in that scheme!

Excellent builds!! :thumbsup:

Keef

:thumbsup: YAY! The mitsi is done at last, and splendid it looks too! I know what a pain it's been so seeing it finished is cool.

The F-15 is looking rather nicey too, I can see what you mean about the stencils on the upper sides, wow. Does make you wonder why they weren't just printed on the main wing decals though :shrug: Would make life a lot easier!

Anyway, the base is done for the F-15's anyway ;)

Karl.

Show us the Eagle! Show us the Eagle! Show us the Eagle! Show us the Eagle! Show us the Eagle! Show us the Eagle! Show us the Eagle! Show us the Eagle! Show us the Eagle! Show us the Eagle! Show us the Eagle! Show us the Eagle! Show us the Eagle! Show us the Eagle! Show us the Eagle! Show us the Eagle!...please?

• 3 weeks later...

Well I just finished the F-15 :yahoo:

I admit it, I got worn down by the damn stencil decals, bloody faarsands of 'em!

I finally got them all done on sunday while I sat and watched the final World Superbike race meeting of 2008 on telly. I then had to flat coat it, but only in places. My box top photo shows the graphics as being quite shiny, while the original paintwork is quite matt. So out with the Tamiya tape (again) and masking up for flat varnish and Klear as necessary.

With that done, I put a wash on the grey bits, I used Phils old fashioned wash because I had some the right colour, and then final assembly :D

Here's a quick preview. I will mount the pair of them tomorrow and provide proper photos then.

341839107.jpg

And with the Dragon Eagle and base (again kindly supplied by Dswoofie, and painted by my hubby)

341839119.jpg

Cheers for now,

Jen.

The Eagle Eagle is technically brilliant but for some reason the Dragon Eagle warms my soft spot.

All stunning build Jen.

JB.

Here are some finished pics. I'm really sorry about the quality, it's half dark here today, and I struggle to get good pics of anything with white on it at the best of times. Added to that, the size of the model makes it hard to get shots without unwanted background creeping in :shrug:

So first, the Eagle Eagle, although I think it might be meant to be a Unicorn or something as it has horses heads on the fins.

341935708.jpg

341935828.jpg

341935999.jpg

341936049.jpg

And now the stand :D

If you'll indulge, I'd like to tell you the story behind all this... It all started when I saw the Two Bobs Shiro Ryu decal sheet way back in 2006, I promptly bought one despite not having an F-15 to put them on :lol: I then bought the Academy Eagle off ebay to put the decals on. Whilst browsing around the internet for pics I randomly found the Hasegawa kit and promptly bought that as well from HLJ (it would seem I'm a sucker for a gaudy paint job). The idea I had all that time ago was to pose them both in flight together, although I know that it isn't strictly accurate I thought it would look nice. So, the Dragon Eagle was finished in June 2006 (as an entrant in the ARC F-15 GB of that year) The second Eagle was started, but I got bored of rubbing out filler and it got shelved.

And there it sat until this GB was thought up by Mike, providing me with a much needed KUTA to get it done!

So, step up Dswoofie and take a bow for supplying me with yet another excellent custom made base, and step up my hubby Lee for spraying it beautifully, thanks to both :thumbsup:

I drilled it this morning and inserted some lengths of clear acrylic rod to pop the Eagles onto, and here it is, two and a half years in the making but worth it I think :D

341935666.jpg

341936059.jpg

Whooooooooooooooosshhhhhhhhhhhhhh :pilot:

Thanks all for another great GB, I think we should do this one again sometime!

Jen.

That's a truly excellent display Jen! I have to admit that I'm not usually a fan of special schemes, but when you see them displayed like that they look superb! Perhaps it's because they look like they're in the element they are actually designed to be seen best in? Whatever, that really is stunning - and the base really does look terrific & helps to set it all off beautifully!

Very, very :speak_cool:

Keef