Malta Gladiators

Edgar

MaltaGladiators.jpg

Hopefully this book will finally put paid to all of the "myth" comments, which have plagued the aviation world for years. Fairly slim, at 120 pages, and a bit pricey, at £14.99, for a paper-back (albeit with a stiffer cover than usual,) but it covers the whole story, with June and July 1940 getting a chapter to themselves. The meteorological flights are included plus a list of who flew what, and when. This is basically an extended version of an article, in "Malta Flypast," but with colour illustrations. Published by Wise Owl, in Rabat, Malta, ISBN 978-99932-92-78-4, I found it fascinating, and well worth the outlay.

Edgar

Hi Graham,

could do worse than to contact M.A.M. in this case, Malta Air Museum!

Positive i saw a copy fortnight ago.

For anyone going to Malta, the museum is well worth a visit, everybody there is very helpful.

As a word to the wise, if anyone is going to Malta and intend going to see 'Faith' (N5520)

in the war museum, FORGET IT!!!

Museum is closed, undergoing a 'refurb' and has been for three months,

though damn good reason for going back again.

Paul

Out of interest anybody seen the film Faith , Hope and Charity (Made from IL2 flightsim) . I am sure there is some Artistic licence but quite enjoyable.

6867d5e8b3030337b0d4a4e569f84d26.jpg

Edited by Pilgrim_UK

MaltaGladiators.jpg

Hopefully this book will finally put paid to all of the "myth" comments, which have plagued the aviation world for years. Fairly slim, at 120 pages, and a bit pricey, at £14.99, for a paper-back (albeit with a stiffer cover than usual,) but it covers the whole story, with June and July 1940 getting a chapter to themselves. The meteorological flights are included plus a list of who flew what, and when. This is basically an extended version of an article, in "Malta Flypast," but with colour illustrations. Published by Wise Owl, in Rabat, Malta, ISBN 978-99932-92-78-4, I found it fascinating, and well worth the outlay.

Edgar

Hi Edgar,

Thanks for the info, I shall have to seek this one out.

Regards,