'05 CHRYSLER 300C

BAC

Having seen one on the road today I've decided to build the AMT/ERTL Chrysler 300C. I love these cars, they look mean and moody and if you can afford the petrol you get a proper engine. The HEMI V8. Fantastic!

329734166.jpg

The bit and pieces.

330284783.jpg

There's quite alot to it with nice crisp detail. The engine and chassis look particularily good.

All the sprues have been primed with Halfords Grey Primer.

Usually car kits begin with the engine but for a change I thought I'd start with the interior. When I primed this I held the spray can further back and did a few light coats to try and get a texture to simulate car interior texture, I think I got away with it. The dash panel was then painted H85 Satin Black with H11 Silver for the centre bezel trim. The radio, heater/air con, ignition and light controls were picked out in white, and the clock was painted white with black details. I even added tiny silver dots for the air vent controls.

330284790.jpg

To be continued.............

If you need refs on the motor, I drive a 1:1 2006 Dodge Charger (same car different body basically as the 300C) with a 5.7 liter hemi.

I would be happy to send you pics of the motor.

Mike

WHY does anybody NEED an engine like that?

OK- I NEED a Dodge Viper- but YOU are married and sane :popcorn:

Oh and BTW- that dash looks GRREEAAAT!

Edited by Mentalguru

As it was a warm sunny day today I thought I'd paint the body.

UK 300C's only come in black, silver dark blue and two types of grey. I think in the US you can add 'Cool Vanilla' (off white) and red.

I quite like this car in 'Magnesium Pearl' which is a gun metal colour. The nearest match I could get without spending lots of money on a special mix was Halfords Ford 'Polaris Grey' metallic. Three coats and a couple of spray laquer produced this.

330389752.jpg

330389769.jpg

Once the paint has fully hardened it should shine up quite nicely with a bit of car polish.

Today I also got done the instrument panel and started the steering wheel.

330389809.jpg

The instrument panel is very finely molded and with an eyepiece you can actually read the numbers and 'RPM' on the tachometer, as well as 'F' and 'E' on the fuel guage.

Cheers!

WHY does anybody NEED an engine like that?

OK- I NEED a Dodge Viper- but YOU are married and sane :popcorn:

Oh and BTW- that dash looks GRREEAAAT!

I DON'T NEED an engine like it but I do like having it!! Buying my car was my divorce present to me. It was my sense of liberation and besides, I needed something to impress my amazing new wife!! :)

Also, mine is not stock, it is pushing about 425 horsepower over the base 385. Funnily enough I get better mileage now with the computer and airbox than I did before I added them.

I DON'T NEED an engine like it but I do like having it!! Buying my car was my divorce present to me. It was my sense of liberation and besides, I needed something to impress my amazing new wife!! :)

Also, mine is not stock, it is pushing about 425 horsepower over the base 385. Funnily enough I get better mileage now with the computer and airbox than I did before I added them.

4 hundred and 20-5 horepower......... :gobsmacked:

Thats coming along right nice BAC.

You've made a fantastic job of the instrument panel & other detail painting. Well done sir :thumbsup:

Your choice of body colour looks good & in keeping with the car. Agreed, it'll look good after a polish.

:speak_cool:

The instrument cluster has now been fitted....

331017054.jpg

And so has the steering wheel...

331017058.jpg

Although quite hard to see in this picture the lower dash has been fitted too. The inteior grey I've used is H167 RAF Barley Grey.

• 2 weeks later...

I've gone as far as I can with the interior. Perhaps some more darker splodges should have been added to the steering wheel top and pull handles to get a better Tortoise Shell appearance, but I think it will do.

I took the pictures next to a Chrysler 300 book and brochure I have.

332987323.jpg

332987336.jpg

332987343.jpg

332987352.jpg

I can now begin the engine............

The chassis is now done and the engine fitted. The exhaust was a chromed piece but I dulled it down using Humbrol 27001 Matt Aluminium Metalcote. The floor is matt black with satin black fuel tank and suspension parts with aluminium nuts and bolts. The various heat shields are left plated.

Some of the engine and suspension will be hidden behind the under engine splash shield once fitted.

334065675.jpg

334065671.jpg

Cheers!

The window piece has been fitted up and polished and a black border has been painted around the front and rear screens on the insides. The drop glass apatures around the door windows were painted matt black with this 'chrome' trims and satin black B piller trims. The chrome moldings had to be done freehand as there were no trims molded on the bodyshell. I still need to add a chrome line along the top of the lower door moldings.

334213344.jpg

All the other major components are almost ready to fit together then it's a matter of finishing off with the wipers, door mirrors, rear lamps and a final touch up here and there.

334213346.jpg

Cheers!