* Junkers Ju 52/3M : FINISHED.

Erwin

Hi all,

Entering this into the GB.Not as a floatplane ofcourse.

52-1.jpg

At first I was going to build this as a BoB movie Ju 52. Untill I found out that the one in the film is a Spanish build CASA 352 .And I don't know if their are any differances in airframe between the German and Spanish Ju52.

Edited by Erwin

Hi all,

At first I was going to build this as a BoB movie Ju 52. Untill I found out that the one in the film is a Spanish build CASA 352 .And I don't know if their are any differances in airframe between the German and Spanish Ju52.

Hi, Erwin........The spanish built CASA 352 had completely different engines, engine nacelles and a different cargo door arrangement. The front fuselage section is different too, from the canopy onwards...The Ju52 at RAF Cosford museum is actually a spanish CASA 352. It's a very nice restored example, indeed. Should you need some pictures of that plane, don't hesitate to ask, we took loads of them a few years ago...

Best regards....

Edited by Erwin

Hi, Erwin........The spanish built CASA 352 had completely different engines, engine nacelles and a different cargo door arrangement. The front fuselage section is different too, from the canopy onwards...The Ju52 at RAF Cosford museum is actually a spanish CASA 352. It's a very nice restored example, indeed. Should you need some pictures of that plane, don't hesitate to ask, we took loads of them a few years ago...

Best regards....

Hi,

I think I will stick with a German Ju 52. To much work to convert it.

• 4 weeks later...
Erwin, did you have trouble fitting the roof? On my example it appears to be slightly wider than the fuselage at the very front and very back

Hi ,

It does need some sanding but it looks OK in the end.

• 4 weeks later...
Erwin

Just noticed this. Have you any photo evidence of a Ju52 in this scheme? Looks different to say the least.

W

Just this profile (see link) and the fact that Revell gives instructions and decals for this one in the 1/48 th kit.

http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww2/t/220/2/0/42

Those snakedecals aren't out in 72 nd scale.So I kind of made my own markings using the same paintsheme.

I can't tell if there was just this one Ju 52 in that sheme or that a whole series were painted with lightblue sides.

Edited by Erwin

Erwin,

Sorry I missed the start of this one :doh: Youve done an excellent job with this one and I really like it, cracking model of a lovely aircraft :thumbsup2:

Thanks for sharing

Bex

Erwin,

Sorry I missed the start of this one :doh: Youve done an excellent job with this one and I really like it, cracking model of a lovely aircraft :thumbsup2:

Thanks for sharing

Bex

Thank you. It does look rather nice with those blue sides. That's why I wanted this one in the GB.

Edited by Erwin

Hi Erwin

An interesting scheme by any stretch of the imagination. However, the profile is of a ZG26 aircraft, presumably a transport for ferrying equipment and personnel in Russia. The 3U codes were used after July 1941.

The codes 2F were used up to March 1940 by KG54, after this point, they used B3, so this puts it a bit before the battle of Britain.

Rev_Ju88A-1_05.jpg

Do Revell give any other info in their destructions?

W

Edited by Wolfpack