Revell 1/48 Eurofighter Typhoon

Just finished my Revel Typhoon so it becomes my first post in "Compost Corner" :D ......

Built with the addition of some Eduard seatbelts and mirrors with scratch built inner ASRAAM rails and ASRAAMs. Corrected wing walkway markings and underwing radiation hazard stencils. Everything else pretty much OOB. Painted in Xtracrylix Barley Grey substatially lightened with white (50% BG : 50% white), fin tip, nose radome and leading edge anti abrasion coatings painted with Model Master FS 36314 Flint Grey, wheel wells and intake painted with Xtracolour FS 16492 Light Grey and cockpit glass tinted with Future and black Indian Ink.

Here's the result :-

DSC00918.jpg

DSC00935.jpg

DSC00919.jpg

DSC00921.jpg

DSC00922.jpg

DSC00924.jpg

DSC00925.jpg

DSC00926.jpg

DSC00927.jpg

DSC00928.jpg

DSC00932.jpg

Build thread is here for those interested in the sordid details .......

Kevlar suit has been donned :winkgrin: so all comments and criticism gratefully received.

Ian

• Like 2

:clap2: :clap2: Marvelous mate.

Only one thing that detracts and it's not a criticism, just an observation. On the upper metal panel in front of the stbd burner can, it looks like you had a bit of an airbrush moment and got too close with the darker shade. Could you not re-touch that bit, cos it's utterly brilliant otherwise and the best Tiffie I have seen so far.

Again Superb mate. :elephant:

rich

Edited by richc

Wonderful build Ian. I think you have swayed me into buying one of these, although it won't look like yours unfortunately. Absolutely top notch mate. Thanks for sharing with us.

Look foward to your next project

Regards

Andy :)

That is really nice Ian, a very nice model with lots of detail.

I have mine just about finished, but I am not happy with it. The kit itself is nice enough, and it looks better than it did a few weeks ago when I picked it up again. Felt like getting rid a few times, but I'll stick to it. Only one solution for this, get another one, or start a Phantom!

Well done

Joel

Edited by Bandwagon 106

Can't really offer a critique ian, other than to say it gives a very good impression of the real thing, and as a subjective observation, i like the finished product a lot.

Alan

It looks great Ian! Looks like she's ready to go hunting for Bears :D

Speaking of QRA, 2 Fencers were intercepted by Danish Vipers in the Baltic on July 23rd. I haven't found any pictures of it tho'.

Many thanks for the feedback folks it is much appreciated :speak_cool:

:clap2::clap2: Marvelous mate.

Only one thing that detracts and it's not a criticism, just an observation. On the upper metal panel in front of the stbd burner can, it looks like you had a bit of an airbrush moment and got too close with the darker shade. Could you not re-touch that bit, cos it's utterly brilliant otherwise and the best Tiffie I have seen so far.

Again Superb mate. :elephant:

rich

rich, thanks. I'm not that happy with the treatment I have given the forward burner cans as the heat staining is generally a little stark IMHO. So the next time I have some Alclad in the airbrush I may give them a makeover.

Wonderful build Ian. I think you have swayed me into buying one of these, although it won't look like yours unfortunately. Absolutely top notch mate. Thanks for sharing with us.

Look foward to your next project

Regards

Andy :)

Andy, you're being WAY too modest - if you apply the skill you are showing in your Jag build to a Typhoon it will be a lot better than my effort ........ only saving grace (for me) is that if you build it at the rate of your Jag it will probably be a Eurofighter 3000 :winkgrin:

Thats fantastic :thumbsup: I especially like the heat staining, an area where I need to improve my skills.

:goodjob:

Seamus, heat staining is easily done - base coat of Alclad Aluminium oversprayed in the centre portions with Alclad Pale Burnt Metal and the the centre portion of the Pale Burnt Metal portion sprayed with a highly thinned mix of Tamiya flat black. HTH.

Many thanks again for the comments.

Ian

Now that's a Typhoon I would enjoy being around.........the others that pop up in the Pacific..not so much. Excellent build mate.

I like that alot Ian, cannot see a great deal to critique to be honest!

Picked this very kit up myself this morning while delivering to Hannants, so will be having a crack at it in the very near future. So if anybody can point me in the direction of some good cockpit/seat pics and such ....

B)

Damn it, Ian, you've MADE me abandon yet another build to start my Tiff!!!

I ljust ove this and the WIP section - they are just great for inducing inspiration.

Good one, Ian

Graham

Many thanks to all for the feedback it is most appreciated.

I like that alot Ian, cannot see a great deal to critique to be honest!

Picked this very kit up myself this morning while delivering to Hannants, so will be having a crack at it in the very near future. So if anybody can point me in the direction of some good cockpit/seat pics and such ....

B)

Neil,

There are some cockpit/seat photos in the Eurofighter Media Library - do a search on cockpit

There is a good walkaround of an F2 here on ARC and another good walkaround here on Primeportal

HTH,

Ian

Many thanks to all for the feedback it is most appreciated.

Neil,

There are some cockpit/seat photos in the Eurofighter Media Library - do a search on cockpit

There is a good walkaround of an F2 here on ARC and another good walkaround here on Primeportal

HTH,

Ian

Cheers for the links Ian, that's great, just the kind of thing I am after :) .

I've seen some pics somewhere with Typhoons loaded up with a bucket full of inert LGB's, want to model it with that type of configuration, looks good with a few splashes of blue. Means making some inboard pylons though.

B)

Well done Ian, it looks magnificent. Apologies for the late response, I've been away from the pc for a couple of weeks but yours will spur me on to complete mine. I'm very much pondering over the colour of the radome, leading edges etc as in some shots it looks a lighter colour, in other darker. I've gone for MSG :pipe:

Neil, I took some shots at Waddington a month or so ago of a blue bomb bomber if there of any use, they're about six meg a pop but here's a smaller copy. Let me know if you need copies.

Regards - Andy

DSCF1617a.jpg